Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dylan Grozdanich

Santa Clara
CA California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so interesting thing happened.

Played the first scenario with some friends and we got in trouble towards the end as we had to end the ritual.

Now everyone on the team had 3 lore or less, with no way to roll additional dice.

We got 3 success on one roll and it did not count.

Continually got more successes and the app just kept saying that the ritual was getting closer and closer to finishing.

As suddenly it seemed impossible to win, I put it on 4 successes and it passed.

So, the question is. Was this an impossible scenario based on our team? or was the app adding our successes up and I just happened to pass the threshold when I put it on 4?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Many tests in the game are cumulative. When you entered 4, you may have only needed one more success to pass it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Some tests may be a non-cumulative threshold, which means you have to get over the target in one go, and previous non-successful tests don't count.

Some tests are cumulative and have high totals required.

It's kind of a black box unless you do controlled testing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Beck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience with the specific test you mentioned you need 4 in one go. I do not have any conclusive proof but each time I have played that scenario with that specific test, 4 successes has always succeeded and 3 or less never has. Coincidence?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Grozdanich

Santa Clara
CA California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
May have to do some testing. I hope the app adds...
Otherwise that would be an impossible situation, which is a bummer.

The app knows what investigators we chose, so it should know that is an impossible situation, but hmmm.

Thanks for the info all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lloyd
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure when we played it we kept rolling two successes at a time, for ages then finally won the game rolling three.

So - it's a black box, don't really know - but makes we wonder given our different numbers if it's cumulative. Or maybe the difficulty threshold eventually goes down?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Grozdanich

Santa Clara
CA California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just did some testing today. looks like it indeed does add up.

Took about 15 success. I put in a range of numbers from 1-3 and when I got to 15 the ritual completed.

Good to know for future gameplay! Glad that wasn't actually an impossible situation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
I wouldn't be surprised if it is also scaled to the number of characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.