Abel Kim
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I am a Turtle.
mbmbmbmbmb
Expounding upon an idea suggested where people play as more then one character, I think it would be fun if the objective a mission is to protect a "dummy"player across the map.

Similar to the objective of the first mission and the objective of a later mission, the dummy player can have a set amount of life and you need to try and get it to the other side before the HP hits 0. This can be done with 4 mechs and the dummy player being a bomb. You win if you get the bomb to the other end of the map and lose if the bomb's command line becomes full of wounds.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Which is fitting as in the radioplay, it becomes sentient

The bomb would get its own own command line, and it always draft last (which means it gets the last card remaining always). Doing it this way can encourage some players
Spoiler (click to reveal)
(looking at you imaginary friend 13)
to think about what to leave behind for other characters. The starting player decides where to put the command cards, but they cannot scrap cards to reorder or heal wounds . To encourage fast thinking, it is suggested to use the Zhonyas minuteglass to time this part of the draft too. If time runs out, roll the dice to see where it ends up. If the die lands on a spot where a wound is, scrap the command without doing anything. You can only heal wounds from the bombs by pushing or towing it onto a repair pad.

That's all I got so far, feel free to add to this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Chan
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am not sure if this will actually work since the dummy player can simply move and plow through across the map. I can imagine this will be a fairly short game.

Maybe add some limitation on the dummy player such that it can't attack and it can't push minions but the minions can push the dummy player.

The easy or normal game mode could be the dummy player does not receive damages and the goal is to get it to the other side within a set number of rounds tracked by the doom tracker. The hard mode can incorporate damages and the game is loss if the mech fills its command line with damages or you fail to meet the objective within the set number of rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.