Silberklinge Warlord
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I don't really understand the rules.

usually i get 1 Diamond

but in which case do I get 2 Diamonds? When the fourth Relic leaves the cave in one round, or altogether in the whole game?

Thanks for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno faidutti
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
All together in the whole game. But, really, trying to simplify the relics rule was an error and you better stick to the Incan Gold rule (which is the same, except that one relic is added to the deck when entereing every cave, instead of all at once at the beginning)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Mathew
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
faidutti wrote:
All together in the whole game. But, really, trying to simplify the relics rule was an error and you better stick to the Incan Gold rule (which is the same, except that one relic is added to the deck when entereing every cave, instead of all at once at the beginning)

Maybe I've been playing wrong as well. The 2016 Diamant UK rules seem to indicate you only vote on Relic cards. Should the group be voting on every cave card that comes out?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Laxou
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjx25 wrote:
Maybe I've been playing wrong as well. The 2016 Diamant UK rules seem to indicate you only vote on Relic cards. Should the group be voting on every cave card that comes out?
As answered on another thread, you should indeed vote after each card. Could you please quote the rulebook on that? I'm curious to understand how you got it wrong…

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Mathew
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just did, thanks!

BTW, love the Easter Egg on the 5 Ruby Cards for The Dwarf King.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spider Jerusalem
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
faidutti wrote:

Bruno,

I'm not sure I understand: as far as I can tell, the scoring rules for Relics (Diamant - Iello) and Artifacts (Incan Gold) are the same. You score 5 points for the first three relics/artifacts to leave the cave and 10 for subsequent relics/artifacts.

In both versions, if a relic is revealed while exploring a section of the temple, but not claimed, it's lost forever.

The only ambiguity in the rules is whether unclaimed relics count as having left the temple, which has an impact of scoring of subsequent relics. Having said that, to be honest, my group never had any problems with this: we always played as if unclaimed relics never leave the temple, so it's quite possible that, at the end of a game, any claimed relics are only worth 5 points each, because two or more were lost in the temple.

It just adds another incentive to claim any relics we come across, so they're worth more later on, adding more fun and tension to what is already an incredibly fun and tense game.

Are we saying that we should score each relic as being worth 10 points straight away?

To clarify, I'm referring to these rulebooks:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/136662/english-rules-2016...

http://www.eggrules.com/games/games-d-l/incan-gold/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lewisville
TX
flag msg tools
I've always played the same way as Spider Jerusalem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.