Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played our prologue yesterday.
Every time someone made it to 3 points, we named an island. Were we instead supposed to do it at the first to get to 3 and then first to get to 6, etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Stevenson
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the prologue, you name an island whenever someone scores a multiple of 3 glory, so you did it correctly by the sounds of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OutOfHabit wrote:
We played our prologue yesterday.
Every time someone made it to 3 points, we named an island. Were we instead supposed to do it at the first to get to 3 and then first to get to 6, etc?

No you were correct. It's supposed to be short. It's a Prologue not a real game. Instead the game would go to 12 and that's like longer than game 1, which only goes to 11.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rosie_187 wrote:
In the prologue, you name an island whenever someone scores a multiple of 3 glory, so you did it correctly by the sounds of it.

Then I wonder why other people played 5-player games and got people up to 7 glory, etc.

We played 4-player and all tied with 3 glory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
OutOfHabit wrote:
Then I wonder why other people played 5-player games and got people up to 7 glory, etc.

We played 4-player and all tied with 3 glory.

There could be bad luck, bad rules understanding, or player skill imbalance. Part of the point of the prologue is to work all of those kinks out as you learn the game IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav W
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's beneficial to stay at 0 points in the prologue (first turn, first game) so maybe someone realized that and just passed or went around raiding 5/6 defense sites with 2 dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Webbe wrote:
It's beneficial to stay at 0 points in the prologue (first turn, first game) so maybe someone realized that and just passed or went around raiding 5/6 defense sites with 2 dice.

And lose out on naming an island? If you think going first in game one is that dramatic a game changer, I am glad I am not playing this game with anyone like you in my group. We play to have fun. We don't play to lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Pelkofer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KoalaXav wrote:
Webbe wrote:

And lose out on naming an island? If you think going first in game one is that dramatic a game changer, I am glad I am not playing this game with anyone like you in my group. We play to have fun. We don't play to lose.

Yeah, it seems like this sort of "rational" gamer is going to have to carefully work backwards from game 15 to make sure they plan out when to lose and when to try. They need to be sure they are perfectly set up to be in last place by exactly 1 point when the last game starts. I mean, maybe winning the prologue is good, so that you are in last place for game 2, which would put you in first place at the start of game 3...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's also possible that one or more players suffered from "Sunken Ship Syndrome". The prologue is short enough that if you try (and fail badly enough) on an endeavor, you probably won't be able to rebuild your ship fast enough to get back into the glory race. If two people have this happen in a 5p game, then someone is likely to grab a second milestone.

Another possibility is that there are ways to get a hefty glory score in a single turn. For example, if you build an upgrade and a structure with the Renowned Builder, that's 3 glory in a single turn. Buy a treasure then successfully raid with the Renowned Soldier, and that's another way to get 3 glory. (There are other ways to get 3+ glory in a single prologue turn.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.