$15.00
$5.00
$20.00
Magister Germanicus
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A bit of a dilemma or what would you do question. Here's the text of the part of the mystery I have a question about:

Quote:
When this card enters play, place a Mystery token on Plateau of Leng. As an encounter, an investigator on Plateau of Leng may attempt to bind the dark god to another world. He draws and resolves an Other World encounter. If the effect allows him to "close this Gate", he may spend 1 Clue to place 1 Eldritch token on this card.

The dilemma arose to the somewhat unlikely coincidence that there already was an open gate on Plateau of Leng. Could an investigator attempt to close that gate, spend a clue, and both close that gate and place an Eldritch token on the mystery, thus killing two birds with one stone?

My gut tells me no, with that "as an encounter" wording, but we were in such bad shape that the group OKed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Evans
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a quick knee jerk reaction I would recommend you go with your gut on this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GermanTodd wrote:
A bit of a dilemma or what would you do question. Here's the text of the part of the mystery I have a question about:

Quote:
When this card enters play, place a Mystery token on Plateau of Leng. As an encounter, an investigator on Plateau of Leng may attempt to bind the dark god to another world. He draws and resolves an Other World encounter. If the effect allows him to "close this Gate", he may spend 1 Clue to place 1 Eldritch token on this card.

The dilemma arose to the somewhat unlikely coincidence that there already was an open gate on Plateau of Leng. Could an investigator attempt to close that gate, spend a clue, and both close that gate and place an Eldritch token on the mystery, thus killing two birds with one stone?

My gut tells me no, with that "as an encounter" wording, but we were in such bad shape that the group OKed it.

No, you can do one or the other but not both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the same situation as having a Clue token on a space with a Gate. You choose which one you want to encounter. If you choose to have an Other World encounter and it said that you gain a Clue, you wouldn't be able to pick up the Clue that's already on that spot, you would take one out of the cup. You can't somehow "combine" the two different encounters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.