Fury of Dracula (third edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification on sea movement penalties for Dracula rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I G
Canada
flag msg tools

Hello,

An explicit reading of the rules says that Dracula takes two damage from port to sea and one damage from sea to sea movements.

Because it is not clearly stated (it only says port zone "to" sea zone not between zones), that means Dracula takes zero damage to move from sea to port. Correct?

Our first time at this game saw Dracula going to sea a lot, landing and feeding to recover all damage, then using misdirect to reclaim the feed card.

I guess we have to move around more as hunters rather than stocking up during the day, early in the game.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4edges wrote:

Hello,

An explicit reading of the rules says that Dracula takes two damage from port to sea and one damage from sea to sea movements.

Because it is not clearly stated (it only says port zone "to" sea zone not between zones), that means Dracula takes zero damage to move from sea to port. Correct?

Correct

Quote:
Our first time at this game saw Dracula going to sea a lot, landing and feeding to recover all damage, then using misdirect to reclaim the feed card.

This is not correct, you aren't allowed to use Misdirect on a hideout containing a power card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Koenig
Germany
Fuerth
Bayern
flag msg tools
Tom is crazy!
mbmbmbmbmb
Misdirect may NOT clear a Hideout that contains a Power card !!!

You played sea damage correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I G
Canada
flag msg tools
Wow, a quick response! Thank you both for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.