25 Posts

LOAD: League of Ancient Defenders» Forums » General

Subject: Actually looking forward to it... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
daman whodaman
msg tools
mb
I know there are haters out there but i am actually looking forward to playing this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
me too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott D
Australia
flag msg tools
As am I. The miniatures are top notch and lets not forget the one fantastic thing above all else...ITS GOING TO BE DELIVERED ON TIME!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
mb
Yes it be a fun holidays indeed!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Saricov
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
firewolf81 wrote:
As am I. The miniatures are top notch and lets not forget the one fantastic thing above all else...ITS GOING TO BE DELIVERED ON TIME!

You are wrong!!!

It will be delivered AHEAD of time :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
mb
juggernaut1 wrote:
firewolf81 wrote:

You are wrong!!!

It will be delivered AHEAD of time :-)

Miracles only happened in channukah though we wont complain if it does come earlier
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett MacDonald
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to see this is progressing so well and will work out for you all! I hope the gameplay also holds up but overall looks to be a successful KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos D
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
firewolf81 wrote:

It seems that it will be my first miniatures game that gets delivered on time and what miniatures!
Great stuff!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alice Penn Howard
msg tools
Its going to be nice to rub this in the face of the trolls and haters from the comments section during the kickstarter campaign

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bedlow
United Kingdom
Lindum Colonia
Flavia Caesariensis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bubbalubber wrote:
Its going to be nice to rub this in the face of the trolls and haters from the comments section during the kickstarter campaign

Meanwhile people are still waiting for their AvP stuff, nice attitude though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bubbalubber wrote:

Given that the vast majority will STILL be waiting for their AvP miniatures, saying "ha ha, I got mine and you're still waiting" will say more about you than them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett MacDonald
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bubbalubber wrote:

I am pretty sure they won't worry about it too much. There were good reasons to not back LOAD. I do agree it got too negative on both sides... but some backers were trolling just as much as some non backers. I like to think most were just trying to let people make informed decisions. I am very glad it worked out for all... but we really just need to move past it at this point and hope Archon can keep this trend up for future projects.

No one wants to see a company fail... but we also don't want to see plagiarism, shady practices, and people losing their money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lewis
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Bubbalubber wrote:

What are you going to say "Ha Ha, this game that was plagiarized and a blatant rip off of DotA2 is delivering on time"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Giant_Monster wrote:
What are you going to say "Ha Ha, this game that was plagiarized and a blatant rip off of DotA2 is delivering on time"?

That's pretty much it. On Dakka, it's "renders are not miniatures." On BGG, it's "miniatures are not games". I'm waiting for the reviews from backers who have played (and maybe own) both Rum and Bones and LOAD. Undead Viking liked LOAD, but said he had not played a MOBA boardgame. Jarek Ewertowski isn't known for his rulesets. I really don't hear mention about his Warzone and Aliens vs. Predator on Dakka or BGG as being particularly popular. (I posted on Dakka that LOAD is being shipped and nobody cares.) I'm definitely curious if anyone will buy a KS edition of LOAD on eBay.

As for miniatures, I received Conan and Myth, and will be backing Mythic Battles and Reaper. That's gonna keep me busy... laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
mb
Stop responding to retards on plagiarism cuz every game out there plagiarized... So if like it buy and if not move on.. really dont care for retarded people who havent played it and have 0 constructive criticism to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
mb
Sam and Max wrote:
Giant_Monster wrote:

That's pretty much it. On Dakka, it's "renders are not miniatures." On BGG, it's "miniatures are not games". I'm waiting for the reviews from backers who have played (and maybe own) both Rum and Bones and LOAD. Undead Viking liked LOAD, but said he had not played a MOBA boardgame. Jarek Ewertowski isn't known for his rulesets. I really don't hear mention about his Warzone and Aliens vs. Predator on Dakka or BGG as being particularly popular. (I posted on Dakka that LOAD is being shipped and nobody cares.) I'm definitely curious if anyone will buy a KS edition of LOAD on eBay.

As for miniatures, I received Conan and Myth, and will be backing Mythic Battles and Reaper. That's gonna keep me busy... laugh

People are excited and overall they meeting deadlines and doing awesome.. overall love it compared to bones. Aside from that i think i vested nearly 1k and 0 regrets due to the fact they are delivering and better than most KS out there...

All this hate from retards that pretty much a fanboys of other games just soured good people from buying potentially an awesome game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett MacDonald
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drakkonblade wrote:
Stop responding to retards on plagiarism cuz every game out there plagiarized... So if like it buy and if not move on.. really dont care for retarded people who havent played it and have 0 constructive criticism to the game.

Game mechanics being similar and copying things word for word are very different. You are free to have your own opinion but there is no reason to be disrespectful of people with differing opinions and different moral baselines. There was a valid concern here and it was only brought up in response to a backer voicing how they wanted to rub it in people's faces. You clearly don't understand the issue and your choice in words is poor and unwarranted.

drakkonblade wrote:
All this hate from retards that pretty much a fanboys of other games just soured good people from buying potentially an awesome game.

While a couple people were hating... most just wanted people to know what they were backing. It is ironic how stupid you think they were given you cannot acknowledge the very real issues at the start of this campaign (and it was not just plagiarism). I am very glad it worked out for backers and will consider Archons future projects due to how well they handled themselves on this one in the end... but I am still very glad I did not back this one. Just my personal opinion on the matter though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
mb
eflin wrote:
drakkonblade wrote:

Game mechanics being similar and copying things word for word are very different. You are free to have your own opinion but there is no reason to be disrespectful of people with differing opinions and different moral baselines. There was a valid concern here and it was only brought up in response to a backer voicing how they wanted to rub it in people's faces. You clearly don't understand the issue and your choice in words is poor and unwarranted.

drakkonblade wrote:

While a couple people were hating... most just wanted people to know what they were backing. It is ironic how stupid you think they were given you cannot acknowledge the very real issues at the start of this campaign (and it was not just plagiarism). I am very glad it worked out for backers and will consider Archons future projects due to how well they handled themselves on this one in the end... but I am still very glad I did not back this one. Just my personal opinion on the matter though.

I maybe harsh with my tone but this argument of plagiarism is simply put wrong.. So every game out there can be argued as plagiarizing another (literally).. i aint here to defend Archon..but i would say that their game is much better than the game others are defending (in my opinion). Also Archon stood its ground and doing its best to service its current and future clients.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lewis
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
drakkonblade wrote:
plagiarism

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Gerding
Poland
Łódź
łódzkie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drakkonblade wrote:
but i would say that their game is much better than the game others are defending (in my opinion).

This is impossible. In mathematics we learn that if X = Y then X and Y are the same. X can not be better than Y if they are the same.

The rulebook for this game was almost verbatim the same as Rum and Bones.

Thunderstone is not a plagiarism of Dominion. While they share similar concepts they are vastly different games. But if I were to draw a small deck of 16 cards and sell it with a an exact copy of the Love Letter rulebook, that would be plagiarism.

This is what happened here. This is what we warned all of you about. The original rulebook was a copy and paste with minor editing of Rum & Bones. And that's not even getting into the potential copyright infringement against DotA 2.

You may think that changing the rules of the game after the KS is enough to make them different, but some of us looked at this blatant ripoff and warned you all that you were buying a set of minis HEAVILY "inspired" by DotA 2 characters and then connected together by a stolen rules set.

Don't serve me a frozen pizza and call it gourmet. If you still decided to back, I hope you have a huge amount of fun with it. But I, like many here, think that the blatant, BLATANT, intellectual property theft going on here is disgusting and should not be praised.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Antagonistic, insulting, or otherwise disruptive comments ARE NOT welcome here.

Please use the icon when you see disruptive or antagonistic comments or any other violations of the Community Rules. This serves two purposes:

1- using the icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. We prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.

2- if enough users flag a post using the icon then that post will be hidden from general view, preventing others from being exposed to it.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Giant_Monster wrote:
drakkonblade wrote:
plagiarism

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means...

INCONCEIVABLE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
mb
Octavian wrote:

Please use the icon when you see disruptive or antagonistic comments or any other violations of the Community Rules. This serves two purposes:

1- using the icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. We prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.

2- if enough users flag a post using the icon then that post will be hidden from general view, preventing others from being exposed to it.

Thanks!

...say what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
drakkonblade wrote:
Octavian wrote:

Thanks!

...say what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
mb
tumorous wrote:
drakkonblade wrote:
Octavian wrote:

Thanks!

...say what?

OH NO you didnt!!...................Stutter?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.