Subject: [WIP] Aokigahara rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate Brauner
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Hello Boardgamegeek!

I'm brand new to this site, and wanted to start by dropping a post about a game I've been working on for the past several months.

It's a competitive, hex-tile based board game based around the real-life forest of Aokigahara, which is notorious for having the highest suicide rate in all of Japan. You play as families who venture inside the shifting, changing forest trying to collect the most bodies. This game features day/night mechanics, weather, and a forest maze where parts disappear each night!

I've been a kitchen-table game designer for many years, and this is the game that I'm the most proud of. I've got a bunch of friends banding together to produce artwork, design, and video because I'm submitting this to the PAX South Indie Showcase this coming January.

I'll keep updating this thread as it goes so you can see how it's shaping up! Here's a sample hex tile and a portrait of one of the family members so you can see the art style.

Thanks so much!
Nate Brauner
Fresh Ink Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TTDG
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might consider a name change. "Haunted Forest" might be more universally recognized. Outside of Japan, Aokigahara may not have the name recognition that you want, and what spark it does ignite is probably only for japanophiles. But further, I clicked here because of Sekigahara: The Unification of Japan, which seems like the same word except for the 1st syllable. But, your game and that game are nothing alike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
ThroughTheDeckGlass wrote:
I clicked here because of Sekigahara: The Unification of Japan, which seems like the same word except for the 1st syllable.

Me too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.