Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Serious Gamer
United States
Apple Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will be back in LA for another Magic Realm event during the next Orccon. Will bring the game as usual, and run a normal play event.

But I have another proposition. I should be able to fine-tune this expansion and make decent enough playing pieces for some testing by the time that event comes up. So if anyone expresses interest in this thread up until that time, I will bring what I've currently made from the Super Realm expansion and bring it to the Con. Just leave a comment and I will know. If no one leaves any comments by mid-January, well, then I'll know not to bring it.

If this is to be done, it would probably have to be done late at night in the open-gaming area when it's less crowded, because this would take up a lot of room. As in this would probably be a game that runs through and past midnight. Will likely have version 0.4 up prior to this event. Keep in mind that this is not a finished product, and there will probably be imbalances and little issues found here and there in the expansion. Also, if this is to be done, it will likely be done with the Book of Quests (or the Questing the Realm variant if I can get a version of that complete prior to the date), because that is the best way to play the game when there are 40 tiles making up the map. In the unlikely event that more than 8 players (including myself) show up willing to play, then I will have no problem reverting to the normal VP system.

So, is anyone interested?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Peril

California
msg tools
Hi! Me and my brother were planning on attending your game at Orccon. I was going to email the staff of Orccon in order to get in contact with you. We've never actually played the game but weve both watched hours and hours of youtube tutorials. Are we able to play if we show up to the Magic Realm 101. We can play Magic Realm light 30....Playing this game is like a pilgramage for religious people. I've been wanting to play since 1983....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious Gamer
United States
Apple Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrperil wrote:
Hi! Me and my brother were planning on attending your game at Orccon. I was going to email the staff of Orccon in order to get in contact with you. We've never actually played the game but weve both watched hours and hours of youtube tutorials. Are we able to play if we show up to the Magic Realm 101. We can play Magic Realm light 30....Playing this game is like a pilgramage for religious people. I've been wanting to play since 1983....

In the last events I've done, there's only ever been an 8 player game at max, which usually dwindles down to 5 or 6 by the end, and tends to last roughly 8 hours. So yeah, there will be room for you, considering that this can take up to 16.

As for Magic Realm Light, why would we play that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i think magic realm light was mentioned to display the level of magic realm knowledge they have, as first timers. I doubt mrperil was trying to suggest that the Light version be played at orccon isntead of the full game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Peril

California
msg tools
Thanks for accurately describing my thoughts, Quantum Jack!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Peril

California
msg tools
So, are new players welcome at orccon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious Gamer
United States
Apple Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrperil wrote:
So, are new players welcome at orccon?

Always.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Peril

California
msg tools
Fantastic! Really looking forward to it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.