Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have been playing solo for a while now about 5 games in so far.
Starting to get the hang of it. The key is you have to play very different then the multi-player game.

Anyway ---

So this is my game board

As you can see I have the Oxygen and Heat tracks all the way up and only needed to place two more water tiles ... Unfortunately its turn 14 so it was due or die ...

I had 3 cards left in my hand but the only one of any use was MARS UNIVERSITY so I played that one ...

I figured I was doomed but what the heck --- I used its ability which lets me discard a card in my hand to draw a card ... and got this ...

Now if I am reading this card correctly it is saying that I may reduce the required resources of any or all three end game global requirements by + or - 2 so basically I play this card, reduce the global requirements of water by 2 and I win the game --- is that correct ??
WOW !!

I would like you to look again at my available Megacredits vs what the card costs

If I lost by ONE Megacredit - THAT IS AWESOME !!

GREAT GAME EITHER WAY !!

Let me know if I am seeing this right and thanks in advance !!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Tell me I didnt lose by ONE mega-credit !!! :(
That card lets you adjust the parameters for the purpose of playing more cards, but it doesn't make the game end. You have to actually place all of the water tiles for Mars to be officially terraformed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So could not make the end conditions 6 water tiles instead of 8 ... got it
Its just used for card effects !!

thanks !!!

So not as close as I thought but still a close game !!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I once lost a sologame by exactly 1MC. The frustrating was that I had steel worth about 30MC because I didn't find any helpful cards with building tag for several generations. Alternatively I could have used 2 plants...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Crowley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just lost a solo game by 5MC. Not enough money to buy 3 asteroids to get the temp up.

Great game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Chaney

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to get clear on your cash position. I'm assuming you used the standard project and your Aquifer action to place (at least) three oceans this turn, right? That would cost 18+18+8=44MC, which you would have had based on your TR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.