Subject: Few questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martti Lauri
Estonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be sure I got the rules right.

1) After combat is resolved in the base, on character needs to be removed. That means it has to be Character not formation, you can't remove formation once it put down at some base?

2) If formation is down at the base, he always defends the base and halves the damage from enemy? It would basicly mean it a 'free' defence on 1st/2nd base.

3) Lu Bu (the 10 str one ally). In the battle he participates in you basicly lose 2 allies? One needs to go away after combat (can't be Lu Bu) and he himself leaves game later. Is that correct?

4) Enemies with withdraw. Does that mean that after this enemy is killed all other enemies from the same family/clan need to be shuffled into the enemy deck? Basicly this would mean you could leave those bases defenceless and resolve them after you've killed the <Withdraw> enemy and emptied (hopefuly) a lot of bases.

Think that should be all. Its a fun little game and nice puzzle of how to tackle current situation at hand. Provided that my understanding of the rules is correct I managed to win the last two times with 11 and 8 National Resolve left after defeating the enemy deck. Though I must say I got quite lucky with the draws from ally deck and managed to hold on couple of times just barely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Love
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I just played this yesterday for the first time.

1) English rules 6.4.1 say an ally character so I would say formation stays
2) 6.4 (3) There is not character in the base, take full damage. So I would rule that a formation cannot defend the base on it's own. But the bit before says "select a base and compare attack power of the ally cards. So perhaps a formation and base can defeat an enemy but an ally (or base) alone cannot stop full damage.
3)Unsure. I played that Lu Bu just goes after combat (back in the box not to discards) however your thought could also be correct.
4) Yes, if you kill an enemy with Withdraw then all others of that type leave with no battle. So you might want to kill others first before the one with withdraw on it.

So can someone clarify how to play formation. It clearly says in 6.2 that formation is not a character so can't be moved.

Need answer to question 2) can formation defend a base alone (I would say no, however if base plus formation can beat an enemy then is this allowed, I would say yes)

Played twice, won once with 1 resolve left :-)

Cheers
Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
Hey, I had exactly the same series of questions, pretty cool that others think the same when playing (or perhaps just rules have recognizable ambiguity in them).

I played twice, won the second time with 11 left. The first time I think I could've won, barely, but I played the "withdraw" wrong and also miscalculated the attack power / card placement twice and wanted to leave it so as not to cheat.

Would be very curious to find out the true ruling on these since we are interpreting pretty loosely translated rules...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
Just looked and the designer posted on this thread a response that sounds like formations cannot attack alone: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24629483

Give it a read. Seems that you jump straight to "enemy does full damage" if you have no "characters" at the base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.