GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,302 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Commands & Colors: Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: German cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Molinari
Germany
Sulzbach am Taunus
-Choose a state-
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I purchased a C&CA (English) via bgg market at yologames (GE) and I realised too late that my 9 years old German son could be able to play it but certainly not with English cards. I myself am Italian and find it difficult to translate them into German. Is there any online resource which would allow me to print off the German translation of the cards? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about German but they are available in Italian. It can be a nice way of introducing your son to the beauty of the language of Dante :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ciao Stefano,
I really don't know German but will gladly create cards for you if you can send me translations of each card, based on the link Giulio sent.
Let me know so that I can upload translated German cards on commandsandcolors.net website.
Ale
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Molinari
Germany
Sulzbach am Taunus
-Choose a state-
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I am not the best one to translate them into German, otherwise I would not search for them. Living in Germany for 15 years long is still not enough to produce a error free translation...but, as it seems difficult to find the translation I will try to get support asking some friend. If I will manage to get the cards translated I will let you know such that you can update your great website (which convinved me to buy this very nice game).
Ciao
Ste

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: Tetrarchia, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
DylanCane wrote:
Living in Germany for 15 years long is still not enough to produce a error free translation...

If it makes you feel better, living in France for 24 years is still not enough to produce an error free translation...

However, I can guarantee the Spanish one I made! The French one too, but I needed help from a French friend...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregor Vek
Slovenia
Maribor
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Stefano!
As far as I am aware, UGG games publishes some GMT in German. I found a C&C Ancients German upgrade kit in their on-line store here:

http://ugg2nd.de/en/Retail/Commands-Colors-Ancients-Deutsch-...

I bought the German version of Twilight Struggle from them some years back, as the game was hard to get in Slovenia, and the quality of the German cards was pretty good.

I hope this is what you were looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Molinari
Germany
Sulzbach am Taunus
-Choose a state-
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Thanks a lot! purchased!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.