Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
The best games ingeniously blend Euro and Ameritrash styles
badge
THE CAKE IS A LIE !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just realised the recent art style change could have impacts on using the 1st Zpoc and Zmergency during the "expeditions" that are an option in Zburbs.

Can a designer please tell me how these other Zpoc games will integrate into Zburbs. What components from the earlier games will actually be used from them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ruescher
United States
West Milford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's a stand alone game which is fine, but I think that the compatibility part was mentioned as a part of the campaign as a positive point to original Zpoc backers.

I backed it because I liked the original and wanted to support the company, so even if it strays from being backwards compatible at least I will still have a playable game, 2 playable games

From a question I posted on the Zpoc2 kickstarter update 33

Some components of the Defend the Burbs core game are compatible with original Zpocalypse. Including all the miniatures, all of the tiles, the dice, the tokens, and fortifications.
The combat mechanics in Defend the Burbs have been updated to focus more on skill and tactical decision making than its slightly more luck based predecessor. As such, the old survivors and weapons are not compatible as it stands now. After you guys get the game (still on target for Q1 2017, most likely February) and we get some community feedback about how you'd like the retro cards to interact with the new mechanics, we'll be working to make all of the old content revitalized for the new system. It is currently our goal to release these updated cards as PnP content, but if there is a strong enough interest from the community, we will be trying to make physically printed copies available as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thebobymon wrote:
It's a stand alone game which is fine, but I think that the compatibility part was mentioned as a part of the campaign as a positive point to original Zpoc backers.

I backed it because I liked the original and wanted to support the company, so even if it strays from being backwards compatible at least I will still have a playable game, 2 playable games

From a question I posted on the Zpoc2 kickstarter update 33

Some components of the Defend the Burbs core game are compatible with original Zpocalypse. Including all the miniatures, all of the tiles, the dice, the tokens, and fortifications.
The combat mechanics in Defend the Burbs have been updated to focus more on skill and tactical decision making than its slightly more luck based predecessor. As such, the old survivors and weapons are not compatible as it stands now. After you guys get the game (still on target for Q1 2017, most likely February) and we get some community feedback about how you'd like the retro cards to interact with the new mechanics, we'll be working to make all of the old content revitalized for the new system. It is currently our goal to release these updated cards as PnP content, but if there is a strong enough interest from the community, we will be trying to make physically printed copies available as well.

see recent discussion :-

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1660680/new-game

I have also seen the new rulebooks and IMO they are really great , lots of content.

perhaps due to other commitments but GBG only see he value of socia media for advertising etc. they miss that with boardgames it is a little different , as they are a physical hads on experience , the buyers are not limited by just a virtual digital world.

Other games in this genre have lots of video support, forum support and fan engagement which stems from the effort the pubisher puts in.

hopefully GBG are reconising this and applying life support. Although they have gone quiet again lately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gab Pal
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
The best games ingeniously blend Euro and Ameritrash styles
badge
THE CAKE IS A LIE !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
thebobymon wrote:
As such, the old survivors and weapons are not compatible as it stands now. After you guys get the game and we get some community feedback about how you'd like the retro cards to interact with the new mechanics, we'll be working to make all of the old content revitalized for the new system. It is currently our goal to release these updated cards as PnP content, but if there is a strong enough interest from the community, we will be trying to make physically printed copies available as well.

I for one don't like PnP, an updated cards upgrade pack would be my preference, by far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.