GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,740 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Thunderbolt Apache Leader» Forums » Rules

Subject: Engine rolls rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Silvester
msg tools
New to game...

Crap with rules...

Be nice...

Engine damage from light enemy fire.
Rules state: Aircraft must perform an engine damage check die roll to avoid crashing during Target Bound Steps.

Which steps?

Is it every time an event takes place on the Battlefield resolution Menu? (assume not, just clarifying)

Is it every time my aircraft does something? Fires, moves, upon drawing Homebound Mission Event Card etc

Is it once per loiter step?

Other?

Any help appreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Atkinson
United States
Grant
AL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Target bound step is the step you take after loading your aircraft with ammo and "head to the target" or draw the target-bound mission event card. Any aircraft on that specific mission with engine damage has to take an engine roll. So it will only happen once on the way to your mission before placing enemy terrain tiles on the board and only for the aircraft with engine damage on that mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Silvester
msg tools
With a sheepish look in his eye, he headed into the desert where the remains of his mangled Harrier AV-8B lay, still smouldering in the sand. The Iragi soldiers guarding the wreckage gazed on in stunned silence as he politely coughed and announced,
"I'm so frightfully sorry, but it appears that this aircraft should still be flying and that actually the engine is still functioning perfectly well. Sorry to be a frightful pain, but could I ask you all to return to those APCs on that ridge. I think you'll find they are about to explode and you are all about to become victory points. I know...isn't war hell?" laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Davis
United States
Missouri City
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I messed this rule up last week and rolled a crash check immediately after drawing the engine counter. I rolled poorly and crashed my Apache mid mission. Had I played this correctly I would have kept my Apache and could have repaired it before ever doing the crash check in a target bound step.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.