Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
MD - Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Elder Sign: Omens app is on sale on the following 3 platforms:

Android for $1.99:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fantasyfli...

iOS for $0.99:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/elder-sign-omens/id475404533...

Steam for $5.99:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/257670/?snr=1_7_7_204_150_...

[edit] The Steam version has all of the IAPs from the mobile versions included for that price.

It's most likely on sale due to the horror theme, and it being Halloween and such. That being the case, I'm sure there will be other board game apps on sale. If I find any more, I'll post them, as well.

I'm just trying to decide whether or not to get the Steam or the Android version.
After discovering the expansions are all included with the Steam version, I'm going to get that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Also on sale at Amazon for $0.99.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
MD - Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SgtSagara1001 wrote:
Also on sale at Amazon for $0.99.

Nice. Has anyone played any of the app versions of this? Is it good on Android, or should I just pony up a few extra bucks for the steam version so I can play it on a bigger screen?

Also, Neuroshima Hex is only $0.99 on Google Play Store. Pretty sure that is on sale, also.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bdc.nh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The iPad version is great. Be warned that the rules are different than the physical game.

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Tutwiler
United States
Carlisle
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like Lee said. I've enjoyed the base game on iOS for a while now, and have just recently gotten to the point where I have beaten all the monsters and am ready to play the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Loades
Australia
Queanbeyan
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
losingfocus wrote:
That being the case, I'm sure there will be other board game apps on sale. If I find any more, I'll post them, as well.

Not Ghost Stories (iOS) - yet - unfortunately. I'll be keen so hear if that comes up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play it on my Android phone with no problem, but it definitely helps to be familiar with the physical game (even though there are a couple of rules tweaks). I looked at the PC version thinking I might like having the extra screen size, but they don't capitalize on it. They just make the same thing bigger (rather than showing me more at the same time). The PC version is the better deal if you want the expansions (I think there are three now?), but... I'm not so sure about them. I bought the first one and it REALLY ramps up the difficulty to an insane level. I assume the other two expansions are the same. I don't plan to buy another one until I can manage to defeat the one I OWN though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Wintner
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hudarklord wrote:
The iPad version is great. Be warned that the rules are different than the physical game.

Lee

How so? I'm extremely familiar with both, though it's been a little while since I messed with the app. I recall that the included characters and their powers are sometimes a bit different. Also, the app's expansions were quite different, with these multi-location adventures - that is, until the most recent cardboard expansion Omens of Ice, which I think drew quite a lot from that format in the app.

But, core gameplay-wise, I don't recall differences. What are they?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
losingfocus wrote:
Nice. Has anyone played any of the app versions of this?

I play it on my Note 4 and it looks great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon Trainor
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up, I got this on Ipad with all the expansions and it is great. Mobile IAP are not on sale. They are $3-4 each. Such a bummer that I already paid for all of them on Ipad and now they are trying to bleed me for some more $$ for stuff I already bought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dragon
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gwintner wrote:
hudarklord wrote:

Lee

How so? I'm extremely familiar with both, though it's been a little while since I messed with the app. I recall that the included characters and their powers are sometimes a bit different. Also, the app's expansions were quite different, with these multi-location adventures - that is, until the most recent cardboard expansion Omens of Ice, which I think drew quite a lot from that format in the app.

But, core gameplay-wise, I don't recall differences. What are they?

From memory, the Lock spells do not allow you to keep a die locked beyond one turn. Also, you don't ever get a choice of where monsters go, nor do you have any idea where they might end up/if they cover tasks or create additional tasks. Additionally, I believe they made the midnight effects harder (not that that's a rule change, just a gameplay change).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gadi Oron
Israel
Rehovot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly no sale on the addons - still 11$ each

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PizzaAroma wrote:
From memory, the Lock spells do not allow you to keep a die locked beyond one turn. Also, you don't ever get a choice of where monsters go, nor do you have any idea where they might end up/if they cover tasks or create additional tasks. Additionally, I believe they made the midnight effects harder (not that that's a rule change, just a gameplay change).

That all sounds right to me. They also tweaked some characters and cards. Basically, anything that you might use on another character's turn is changed to only work on your own turn. The only exception I can think of is that you still can focus a die on another character if they are at your location during your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Wintner
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
PizzaAroma wrote:

That all sounds right to me. They also tweaked some characters and cards. Basically, anything that you might use on another character's turn is changed to only work on your own turn. The only exception I can think of is that you still can focus a die on another character if they are at your location during your turn.

Wow, some subtle stuff you both pointed out, but yeah, all of that sounds about right. Okay, granted, though given how subtle those changes are, I'd really say that the digital and physical experiences are very close, and the app is excellently done.

In the physical game, locking a die with a spell for more than your turn was always something that I didn't see much use in, but it is true that you can if you want (and maybe you should, for all I know). Thanks, guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dragon
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gwintner wrote:

Wow, some subtle stuff you both pointed out, but yeah, all of that sounds about right. Okay, granted, though given how subtle those changes are, I'd really say that the digital and physical experiences are very close, and the app is excellently done.

In the physical game, locking a die with a spell for more than your turn was always something that I didn't see much use in, but it is true that you can if you want (and maybe you should, for all I know). Thanks, guys.

Agreed that theven app is an amazing game implementation. Plus, what hasn't been said yet is the cut scenes, voice acting, updated glyph faces on the dice, and other changes they made for the app are awesome. It's the same cut scenes for the original 4 ancient ones, but each expansion has new scenes. The app is top notch
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ellsworth
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
mb
Just recently played Arkham Horror, for $0.99 I'll give this a whirl. Thanks for the tip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Cruces
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked it up and do enjoy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.