Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Ok I know a cry for help when I read one. Ill go in for $30. Nine more people to help Drew with his toxic whiteness?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
"Self-help" classes like this always look a little cheesy, and it's hard not to think this is totally ridiculous. An academic course about race and self-identification, racial bias, history of race as a social construction, institutionalization of racism, etc. can be extremely rigorous, and important. Many university offerings on these topics are rooted in philosophy, sociology, or even anthropology, and can be intellectually very sophisticated.

But this class, OTOH, run through an independent website by people with questionable credentials, reads like an "I'm afraid of talking to black people" class for white people who have never known or spent time around a black person their entire lives. It's sad, really. They'd be much better off doing some community service in a largely black school or neighborhood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

https://compassionateactivism.leadpages.co/healing-whiteness...

It amazes me how much like cult programming this is. There is no escape. Any protestations that your "whiteness" isn't toxic will be met with entreaties that you just haven't yet realized how toxic you are as a white person. The words "unconscious" and "subconscious" are repeatedly used to suggest that you aren't even aware that you're racist. You have been "conditioned" to accept your inherent racist attitudes. Let us help you discover your inner racist!

Once you are finally broken down and are finally forced to admit that yes, you are a toxic white person, then you will be rebuilt according to the course model.

The website linked above reads like a cult manifesto. It might as well be Scientology teaching you how to become clear. (And it only costs $300.00!)

Yes, exactly like cult programming.

And dangerous.

I assume that your next 100+ posts will be about all of the christian groups who will help you pray away various sins.

I know liberals are scary to you. They think differently than you! Oh no!

But still, maybe don't worry SO much about the way a tiny tiny fraction of them think, just like I try not to worry about the fuckwitted way religious conservatives think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg von Lemberg
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

https://compassionateactivism.leadpages.co/healing-whiteness...

It amazes me how much like cult programming this is. There is no escape. Any protestations that your "whiteness" isn't toxic will be met with entreaties that you just haven't yet realized how toxic you are as a white person. The words "unconscious" and "subconscious" are repeatedly used to suggest that you aren't even aware that you're racist. You have been "conditioned" to accept your inherent racist attitudes. Let us help you discover your inner racist!

Once you are finally broken down and are finally forced to admit that yes, you are a toxic white person, then you will be rebuilt according to the course model.

The website linked above reads like a cult manifesto. It might as well be Scientology teaching you how to become clear. (And it only costs $300.00!)

Yes, exactly like cult programming.

And dangerous.

Embrace your whiteness instead of being ashamed of it. Ignore the folks who are telling you that you owe them anything due to the accident of your birth to europeans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
myopia wrote:
Ok I know a cry for help when I read one. Ill go in for $30. Nine more people to help Drew with his toxic whiteness?

How about we start with his Drewness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:

You get rid of that and he is nothing but water vapor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Altair IV wrote:
darthhugo wrote:

You get rid of that and he is nothing but water vapor.

Don't forget the shriveled up turd skin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.