Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Henderson
United States
Northport
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I saw that gazette 5 has a preprinted map included. I love this idea because of the time it saves in set up, but I don't want this gazette because I don't plan to get carentan. I think I know the answer to this, but are there any other pre printed maps available for this game? (When I played more memoir 44 I loved the overlord battle maps for the same reason). Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps I am misunderstanding your question. All of the Gazettes come with maps. Many of the expansions also have maps. All are printed and there are a few pieces that can be placed on the map (overlays, terrain, features, etc). Very few of the maps are blank, all have some sort of terrain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Henderson
United States
Northport
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for the reply. I can see how the question isn't completely clear. I am aware of the map boards having terrain printed on them. I just found out today about the paper map in gazette 5, and I was hoping to find out if there were more like that.
I did not know that all of the gazettes had maps in them. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm. I think I may be wrong about all having maps, so do not quote me on that. I think they all had a counter sheet. Been a while and those things are all separated and sorted so I cannot check my copy.

A quick check of the game pages for the Gazettes shows that there are no maps, thus proving that my memory is getting worse. Counters, yes. Maps, no. So sorry - I promise I was trying to be helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To add... G#5 requires Pegasus Bridge not Carentan. Plus it requires using the US forces if you don't the CW forces... and Germans if don't have the SS forces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i was happily surprised to find the arnhem bridge map in gazette nr 5, i hope they put more such maps in them in future issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Henderson
United States
Northport
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info everyone. Yep, I was hoping to find more like the map in gazette 5. I too would like to see more in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Foulk
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This company has also started making copies of maps in 'mouse mat' material.

http://www.wonderfulgamemats.com/m/heroes-of-normandie-r/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
foulksy wrote:

That sounds like a GREAT idea except for the icons. Most of the mouse maps that I have seen have pretty low resolution printing and it can be hard to read numbers less than 24 points. Has anyone ordered any of these and if so how is the print quality?

At the very least I would buy the grass map and use overlays...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
foulksy wrote:

That sounds like a GREAT idea except for the icons. Most of the mouse maps that I have seen have pretty low resolution printing and it can be hard to read numbers less than 24 points. Has anyone ordered any of these and if so how is the print quality?

I have one with "High Noon" on one side and "Fields of Glory" on the other. They work well. DPG uses mats like these for their tournaments at conventions. The nice bonus is the turn track is included on the mat also. Makes tournament setup very easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nostradunwhich wrote:
martimer wrote:
foulksy wrote:

I have one with "High Noon" on one side and "Fields of Glory" on the other. They work well. DPG uses mats like these for their tournaments at conventions. The nice bonus is the turn track is included on the mat also. Makes tournament setup very easy.
Cool. Thanks. Can you read the numbers and symbols on the map icons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric L
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
That link doesn't seem to work. It shows site under construction. is there a location on the internet at this time to order those game mats?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gringe Commander
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Samurai37 wrote:
That link doesn't seem to work. It shows site under construction. is there a location on the internet at this time to order those game mats?

I hope they did not close theur business. I stil want to buy the Conan maps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.