Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John R
United States
Flint
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've been thinking how to incorporate a rider pushing his bike to the limit braking late into a corner.

Starting in a straight prior to any '2' or '3' corner if the rider's die roll movement takes the bike beyond the apex of the corner then there should be some penalty for carrying too much speed in to the corner and over shooting the racing line.

No movement deduction but the rider will be forced to the outside of the corner.

The next turn the rider should miss a couple of positions say 2 or 3 depending on the corner severity.

I will trial this tomorrow to see if it makes sense in practice.

I just don't like how a rider can blow through a corner with no negative effects to speed/momentum.

What do you guys think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi John,
I agree with you.
I think the game is OK while playing with my 10 years old son (who really enjoy rolling dice and do calculations) but I do believe that there is "something missing" to add something to the simulation and make it deeper.
I'm rellay interested in your proposal.
Please keep me updated on that!
Ale

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John R
United States
Flint
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ale.

I have been trialing the corner speed variant yesterday and today. I think it is a workable system. Here is how I work it:

*Use only on corners where there is a prior long straight (at least 10 spaces).
*If the bike starting in the straight moves beyond the apex of the corner then the remainder of the movement is toward the outside of the corner.
*Next turn the bike depending on the corner severity has to wait for 2 or 3 bikes that are behind it to move then it can move.
*But the bike can only move a max of 6 points.
*roll the dice and anything 6> = 6, anything less use at face value and flipping per the rules.

Example: A rider overshoots the corner and the speed and momentum pushes the bike to outside of the track. Meanwhile 2 or 3 bikes following go by him as he is braking and getting the bike lined back up.

From what I've trialed so far it works. I have tried bikes going in aggressive and then conservative to save positions. So a strategy is developing where it might be advisable to be more conservative early in the race then go for it being very aggressive at the end.

As you've watched actual races in the past riders will trade places before the corner because one rider was more aggressive and waited longer to brake. Then that aggressive rider starts to overshoot and the rider behind moves in low and takes the position away from the aggressive rider.

I think this simulates that scenario well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.