Subject: Question about "Telepathic Link" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Otis Comorau
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
I'm confused about the Pilgrims' "Telepathic Link" card. In that card, for all three actions, there is a card symbol next to the move/recruit/build symbols. On page 7 of the Rulebook, the card symbol is defined as:

"Draw one card from your deck for each symbol."

On the same page in the rulebook, there a symbol with a card containing an "X" in its top right, which is defined as:

"Draw 1 card from your deck regardless of the number of symbols."

Given these two definitions, it seems that the "Telepathic Link" symbol means: "look at all the cards you just played, count the number of symbols used this action, and draw that many new cards." So, for example, if I move by playing "telepathic link" (1 move point) + "deploy holos" (1 move point) + "phase shift" (2 move points), I would move 1 + 1 + 2 = 4 move points, and draw 4 cards. If I add the second "telepathic link" to this combo, thus giving me 5 move points, I would (theoretically) draw 10 cards, 5 per each telepathic link.

Is this correct? This seems very strong.

(Also, I looked in the forums and haven't found this question asked before. My bad if I missed it, or if the answer is obvious.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Gass
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The pilgrim draw is differentiated from the desert/canyony terrain tactic draw by the star on the card icon. The pilgrims draw a card for every card icon they placed while you only draw one card for playing desert/canyon cards even if you play multiple of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me give you a few cases.

I play 2 Telepathic Links: Draw 2 cards.
I play 2 Deserts: Draw 1 card (due to the Asterisk).
I play 2 Telepathic Links + 1 Desert: Draw 3 cards
I play 2 Telepathic Links + 2 Deserts: Draw 3 cards

and so forth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Willis
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The above answers are great, just in case it isn't clear from them the card draw is linked to the number of card draw symbols and not the number of move, recruit, or build symbols played total.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Otis Comorau
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
Haha, that makes sense. Thanks to all of you for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.