Game of Thrones: The Iron Throne» Forums » Rules

Subject: Are Character Cards Discarded? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Prufrock

Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just got my copy of Iron Throne today and read through the rules. I am not sure about the Character Cards. At first glance they seem most akin to flare cards in Cosmic Encounter and they are covered very briefly in the book.

If you meet the condition(s) to use a character card, afterwards is it discarded or, like flare cards, do they get kept to be used repeatedly? There's nothing in the rules saying it is discarded, but in the same breath there is nothing calling out the fact they are reusable. I'm assuming the former since each house deck comes with two of each, but I figured I'd make sure before bringing this to my group's table.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Benziger
United States
Oakdale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would agree that if used it should be discarded. However the hostage scenarios makes me want to discard if I've played a hero card and not have in my hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Yes, character cards are discarded after playing.

Rulebook p. 07, "End of the Turn" section:
"After rewards and penalties have been resolved, players perform
a few clean-up steps. All participating characters are returned to
their normal positions, and all played and revealed cards are placed
in their own corresponding discard piles.
"

(Emphasis mine.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.