Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I will get them for sure, but I don't really like the new design so far. Hopefully it gets better.
But yes, I'm excited. Pixel Tactics is awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in! More excited about the Pixel Tactic aspect than the Mega Man aspect but Mega Man is a great fit. Just hope they ship to Japan via the Kickstarter.

EDIT: Anyone know the launch date?

EDIT 2: Are the backs the same as other PT sets? If not... ugh... guess I can't mix them with my other sets as easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Birzer
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ACGalaga wrote:
I'm in! More excited about the Pixel Tactic aspect than the Mega Man aspect but Mega Man is a great fit. Just hope they ship to Japan via the Kickstarter.

The Kickstarter preview basically says "contact us" for international shipping.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1821440755/1239227898

Quote:
EDIT: Anyone know the launch date?

The Kickstarter preview says July 2017

Quote:
EDIT 2: Are the backs the same as other PT sets? If not... ugh... guess I can't mix them with my other sets as easily.

Good question. It is going to be interesting to see how compatible this will be with the regular Pixel Tactics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response!

TheLongshot wrote:
acgalaga wrote:

Good question. It is going to be interesting to see how compatible this will be with the regular Pixel Tactics.

It looks like they'd work with normal PT cards but we'all have to wait and see how well they work together.

Just noticed the video that the backs are different. Already have my collection sleeved in clear sleeves and don't really want to resleave everything in opaque sleeves.

Guess I could do the "promo variant" with these where you spend an action to draw one of the Mega Man cards... or just have a Mega Man deck vs a PT deck.

If I use these in a draft setup, I'd have to resleeve everthibg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hm, too bad they couldn't come up with an international shipping solution. As for contacting them AFTER the campaign ends, that seems like buying a pig in a poke. Moreso, as I've seen shipping rates for KS vary quite a bit (and I'd most probably have to pay custom fees in this case as well). Unless they find a better solution for this, I hate to say it, but that's a dealbreaker for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
ACGalaga wrote:

Just noticed the video that the backs are different. Already have my collection sleeved in clear sleeves and don't really want to resleave everything in opaque sleeves.

I thought you didn't deckbuild?
It doesn't really matter to me. I will probably just play Megaman sets by themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
GoldSirius wrote:
ACGalaga wrote:

I thought you didn't deckbuild?
It doesn't really matter to me. I will probably just play Megaman sets by themselves.

There is a constructed deck version of the game, but I just like mixing the decks together or drafting on occasion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
The reason behind international shipping is actually licensing-side. Jasco's agreement with Capcom only allows them to sell to certain territories. People in those territories can still buy the game via a freight forwarder or a reseller once it hits retail though.

We did want to put in icons, but we couldn't find enough classic Mega Man icons to express all the effects we wanted. Due to licensing reasons, it would be very difficult for us to have non-Mega Man artwork together with the classic Mega Man motifs.

As for the backs, they are different. Again, for licensing reasons, we needed to keep our own IP (Borneo/Juto) not appearing in a product alongside Capcom IP (Mega Man/Proto Man). That said, the promo variant, sleeving, or simply just playing the Duel-Draft variant (where you draft your deck mid-game) are all fine ways to integrate these cards and the old ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed the international thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hunt
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Super excited for this; definitely gonna back.

That said, there are a handful of omissions that I'm sad about...Stretch Goals seem to include Enker, Punk, and Ballade...but where's Quint and his wacky pogo stick?

And I know there aren't official sprites for them...but there have been plenty of 8-bit versions of the Mega Man 7 & 8 bosses created, I'd like to see them included at some point.

And what about the Star Droids from Mega Man V on Gameboy? There's a Tango the cat card shown in the video (but not in any of the stretch goals), so I know the designers are aware of that game's existence...but I want the cool Star Droids included as cards too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:
The reason behind international shipping is actually licensing-side. Jasco's agreement with Capcom only allows them to sell to certain territories. People in those territories can still buy the game via a freight forwarder or a reseller once it hits retail though.

Thanks for answering/explaining!

So... is there any chance we'll see a solution using KS's "Only shipping to certain countries" function? Otherwise, I'll have to resort to my FLGS (hopefully), but unsure about the stretch goals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, as I said, I think freight forwarding is your best solution. Every added territory comes at a very steep cost, and it was unclear that the price tag on EU would enable us to deliver the game while still breaking even.

As for MM7 and 8, Capcom is very particular about the sprites that we use. If there aren't official sprites that appeared in one of the original video games, we wouldn't be able to use them.

I wanted the Star Droids as promos (and the old PC bosses!) but Capcom isn't promoting those properties or characters anymore, and they want us to focus on the core brand of Mega Man.

The bottom line is that a lot of it is based in licensing. If you work with a high-value license, you have to treat the property exactly the way the creators want you to. You don't get the same artistic freedom as you would with an original or a fan creation.

That said, there are sprites out there for MM7 and 8, Time Man and Oil Man, and the Star Droids–and the templates for PT cards are out there in the wild. If you want them, you know how to make a Pixel Tactics card!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hunt
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ninja
Kyokai wrote:
Well, as I said, I think freight forwarding is your best solution. Every added territory comes at a very steep cost, and it was unclear that the price tag on EU would enable us to deliver the game while still breaking even.

As for MM7 and 8, Capcom is very particular about the sprites that we use. If there aren't official sprites that appeared in one of the original video games, we wouldn't be able to use them.

I wanted the Star Droids as promos (and the old PC bosses!) but Capcom isn't promoting those properties or characters anymore, and they want us to focus on the core brand of Mega Man.

The bottom line is that a lot of it is based in licensing. If you work with a high-value license, you have to treat the property exactly the way the creators want you to. You don't get the same artistic freedom as you would with an original or a fan creation.

That said, there are sprites out there for MM7 and 8, Time Man and Oil Man, and the Star Droids–and the templates for PT cards are out there in the wild. If you want them, you know how to make a Pixel Tactics card!

Could you maybe use the Slash Man and Frost Man sprites that appeared in Mega Man 10? That would at least give 7 and 8 a bit of representation using sprites from an actual Capcom game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Brad, please make sure the Attack + Defense total of both sets adds up to 201 or near it (since there are more cards), as I had previously analyzed in this topic!
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1491333/pixel-tactics-c...

Kyokai wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic Viper V
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Other omissions include Beat, Tango, Doc Robot, Dark Man (from MM5, including all 4 of his variations). And if you only could choose a few Wily Castle bosses, Mecha Dragon has to be the #1 inclusion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hunt
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
andycsun124 wrote:
Other omissions include Beat, Tango, Doc Robot, Dark Man (from MM5, including all 4 of his variations). And if you only could choose a few Wily Castle bosses, Mecha Dragon has to be the #1 inclusion!

A card for Tango is in the Kickstarter draft video...so presumably we're getting him....somewhere? Maybe one of the super secret post-Bass stretch goals will be other Ally characters or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
You know how in Mega Man games there's always a final castle that's half as big as the entire game up to that point? Well, we have some big surprises for fans once we unlock everyone on that Stretch Goal board...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hunt
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:
You know how in Mega Man games there's always a final castle that's half as big as the entire game up to that point? Well, we have some big surprises for fans once we unlock everyone on that Stretch Goal board...

Y'know...launching the Kickstarter would let us start working on that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I have an idea for Icons. There's definitely a way to not leave all those boxes empty.

For example, when it's Intercept, you could use a little Metall enemy icon.
When it's a Spell, you could use the "Replenish Boss Power" energy pellets. A regular Spell would be a small pellet and a long Spell a big pellet. It fits, since it would be like "other robots' boss powers" you would use.
When it's a Ranged attack, it could be Mega Man's charged shot icon.

When referring to the Vanguard, you could have a little Proto Man silhouette.
For the Flank, a little Bass silhouette.
For the Rear, a little Mega Man silhouette.

A Hero banner could be a Mega Man helmet.
A Leader banner could be a... fancier Mega Man helmet?

There's definitely a way to integrate icons!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Thompson
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:

Will this edition come with inserts for the PT Deluxe box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Winchester
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
NaptownMVP wrote:
Kyokai wrote:

I am really hoping that it will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett MacDonald
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NaptownMVP wrote:
Kyokai wrote:

Yeah it really should. That's an easy but very nice add. Even though the PTD box has some space/extra dividers.... I'd love some with the megaman art.

And while I understand the card back issue... I really wish something more could be done there. Not knowing enough about licensing... why is it a big deal to use your card backs? This whole projects is already combining PT and MM licensing/products/assets after all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After the multitude of problems with Mega Man: The Board Game kickstarter (for those unaware check the forums for the obscene amount of issues and delays; i.e.: estimated delivery was Oct 2014, and people are STILL now receiving pledges) and Jasco's terrible customer service, i am EXTREMELY hesitant to put my money towards any Kickstarter put out by Jasco games. It seemed like there was never anything but excuses, mostly with the reason of licensing issues. I understand these things come up, but the end result was unacceptable on Jasco's part.

This looks like a product i would really love, but has there been any thought on how to circumvent these issues so there's not a repeat of these past problems?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Zube
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
"Something tells me I could easily beat those trained professionals."
badge
You were doing well until everyone died.
mbmbmbmbmb
The creators mentioned in the KS comments that they do not have permission from Capcom to make any original art, so they can't make dividers yet. Similarly they can't do Megaman 7-8 or anything without official colorized pixel art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.