6 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: Confusing Rulebook? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Sploot
msg tools
mb
So, I downloaded a PDF version of the rulebook from the MvM website... and everything in the rulebook is in alphabetical order, like some sort of glossary.

It doesn't seem to lay out how the game is played, like you would expect of most board games, in a logical fashion, and instead everything is just spread out based on alphabetical order.

This is extremely weird to me. Am I looking at the wrong rulebook? Or does the alphabetical order just "work"? Or are others just as confused as I am by this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sploot wrote:
So, I downloaded a PDF version of the rulebook from the MvM website... and everything in the rulebook is in alphabetical order, like some sort of glossary.

It doesn't seem to lay out how the game is played, like you would expect of most board games, in a logical fashion, and instead everything is just spread out based on alphabetical order.

This is extremely weird to me. Am I looking at the wrong rulebook? Or does the alphabetical order just "work"? Or are others just as confused as I am by this?

They should have labeled that something like "Rules Reference Guide." You do NOT learn the game with it. Download the Dossiers and look at the tutorial mission. That's how you learn the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sploot wrote:

You learn the game by playing the tutorial and new missions introduce new rules that you learn as you go. what you are calling the rulebook is in fact basically a glossary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sploot wrote:

The actual rules are inside the mission dossiers. The "rule book" is more like a glossary of terms.

You could also watch Rodney's Watch It Played youtube channel. He uploaded instruction videos for all missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Sploot
msg tools
mb
OH THANK GOD.

I was starting to panic. They should NOT have listed it as the "Rules" and called the file "Rulebook". I was starting to think everyone had gone mad, since no one had mentioned the shitty rulebook in any review.

Whew! What a relief.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Dexter Ward
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not the rule book, that's the reference. The basic rules are really quite simple and they are another document.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.