Subject: Tabletopia rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luuk Van Aken
Canada
Lacombe
Alberta
flag msg tools
I have been playing the automa version on Tabletopia. Every time I play the automa is the blue player. Is there any way to change which one is the automa player? All the other coolers are set up as human player, I just pick one of them to play and play like the other ones aren't used. (Enter territories they are on without losing popularity moving their workers). Also is there a way to switch up the player mats? Seems like every time they are the same combos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Luuk. There is no way to automatically switch the combinations or choose which faction is controlled by the Automa, but all of the mats, etc. are movable, so you can switch them around to whatever combination you want to play.

Cheers, David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff McLeod
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David, since the last update, Scythe has barely been usable for me on Tabletopia. Any time I zoom out so see more of the board, the cursor gets so choppy that I can't make any selections. This is while I have the graphics set to low. I've reported it there, but there's been no change.

It's likely that it's just my old machine (older imac), but it worked just fine before this last update.

Just wanted to mention it. It's awesome to have it on Steam. Moving stuff around is a little weird, but not so bad. Happy to see it on there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mcmugwump wrote:
David, since the last update, Scythe has barely been usable for me on Tabletopia. Any time I zoom out so see more of the board, the cursor gets so choppy that I can't make any selections. This is while I have the graphics set to low. I've reported it there, but there's been no change.

It's likely that it's just my old machine (older imac), but it worked just fine before this last update.

Just wanted to mention it. It's awesome to have it on Steam. Moving stuff around is a little weird, but not so bad. Happy to see it on there!

Thank you for letting us know. It's not something we at Stonemaier can do anything about directly, but I'll pass on the information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
mcmugwump wrote:
David, since the last update, Scythe has barely been usable for me on Tabletopia.

Hi Jeff. I'm sorry to hear that, but thanks for letting us know. I hope they manage to get you fixed up soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up, Jeff. I'm going to relay this to Tabletopia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neilan Naicker
United States
Santa Monica
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm glad someone else asked, because I just noticed this last weekend and thought I was missing something!

Truth be told, I didn't even figure out how to switch myself to a different faction, but clearly that was just me. It seems odd you can't switch the Automa to a different faction or easily reassign player mats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darric wrote:
I'm glad someone else asked, because I just noticed this last weekend and thought I was missing something!

Truth be told, I didn't even figure out how to switch myself to a different faction, but clearly that was just me. It seems odd you can't switch the Automa to a different faction or easily reassign player mats.

I agree that it would be great to have different setups. Unfortunately, it's the nature of Tabletopia (for now, I assume) that the starting setups are essentially hard coded, so one would need to be created for each faction until they add the functionality to have multiple boards for the same setup.

Cheers, David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolai
United States
flag msg tools
I just wish it were possible to randomize the setup on the player's end, which it seems is currently impossible because you can't flip the player boards or faction mats face-down, or shuffle them. Sure, you can take all the pieces off and assign whatever combinations you want, but you're always going to know what you're picking in advance, which I don't like.

I'm really hoping for an update that will allow for randomized setup, either as part of the game's initialization or as handled by the players (add card functionality to the faction/action boards so you can stack them in a deck, shuffle them, and deal them to players). Right now the best I can do is put all the boards in a row and roll a die twice per player to say "Player 1 gets faction 5 and board 2, etc" which I can't even do in-game because there are no dice in Scythe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.