Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
It has been clarified repeatedly that ships can be added to or removed from a fleet at the start or end of a move action. However, at the end of a combat, you are allowed a "tactical maneuver" at impulse speed. Does this count as move action for the purposes of adding to a fleet? If I am attacking from multiple directions, I may want replenish a damaged fleet with ships that supported the attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
GF9 actually clarified that adding or removing to or from existing fleets actually has nothing to do with a move command; it just cannot be done while a move command is being resolved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen that ruling, but it left me with more questions about reorganizing fleets. Can you add to or remove from fleets literally whenever? Can you reorganize like this before the start of a space battle? If so, who has to finalize their fleet organization first? (It doesn't matter a lot, but it matters a little bit.) How about between combat rounds, perhaps to reinforce one fleet with the remnants of a second fleet that was disbanded due to damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
brisingre wrote:
Can you add to or remove from fleets literally whenever?

Pretty much, as long as it's during your command phase and not in mid-move.

Quote:
Can you reorganize like this before the start of a space battle?

Yes.

Quote:
If so, who has to finalize their fleet organization first?

Has to be during your turn; only the attacker may do it.

Quote:
How about between combat rounds, perhaps to reinforce one fleet with the remnants of a second fleet that was disbanded due to damage?

No, can't be done mid-battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is all you need to know about adding/removing ships from existing fleets:

1) It can be done any number of times throughout your Command Phase.
2) It does not cost a Command Action.
3) It cannot be done during a command action (such as movement or combat), only before or after a command action.

These three rules answer all of the timing questions you've already asked, plus a bunch more that you haven't yet asked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.