Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. Money
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have LCG's that never get played to level I wish they would as my friends never bought into the games. How many copies do I need to buy to enjoy it with 2,3, or 4 player counts? Consider that my opponents will not have their own copy. Is this game standalone compared to every FFG LCG?

Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidPD wrote:
Is this game standalone compared to every FFG LCG?

Short answer: yes.

Long answer is it depends somewhat on how you want to play:

* Preconstructed decks? 1x core is all you need (though for certain matchups with 3-4 players, you will need extra dice, and you'll especially feel the pinch if you add in the expansion decks)
* Draft? 1x core is all you need
* Constructed? You can make it work out of one core with two players, but since any card can be played in any deck (depending on dice setup) it's a much better play experience if everyone has their own set

On the plus side, even if you want to play constructed 2x cores is probably the most you'll ever need because then you'll have plenty of dice, no card overlap with 2 players (where the game is best) and a lot less competition over cards at 3-4 players (contrasting with FFG LCGs where 3x cores usually allows you to support at most 2x decks out of your set of cards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Schepers
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just one, there's plenty of stuff, especially when playing with 2, but the 6 pre-constructed decks will suffice for even 4 novice players, lots of cards to explore!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh, at 4 players, if playing at the same time, you'll probably need 2 sets just for the dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Haag
United States
Hamburg
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
epilepticemu wrote:
Eh, at 4 players, if playing at the same time, you'll probably need 2 sets just for the dice.

Heck, in a pinch you could just get some normal d6s. Assign 1 and 2 to the generic mana symbol, 3, 4, and 5 to the normal mana symbol, and 6 to the power mana symbol.

Not as flavorful as having the actual dice, and you'd have to get a few different colors of dice to keep track of which die is which magic school, but it would work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.