Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Strait
United States
Federal way
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So next week I will begin filming the how to play video's.
I have decided to do shorter video's focusing on key aspects for each video in hopes to keep me from wandering off topic.

Any thought's or suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LOS along the hills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Strait
United States
Federal way
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawrence Hung wrote:
LOS along the hills.

Will make sure to cover that, As it can be tricky to fully understand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kay göttelmann
msg tools
volume?
Hey Guys!

I always read about 'volume III', but on the pics stands always
'volume I'. What's it all about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Strait
United States
Federal way
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
demian1982 wrote:
Hey Guys!

I always read about 'volume III', but on the pics stands always
'volume I'. What's it all about?

The Volumes are used in reference to the number of games in the Series.

Volume 1: A las Barricadas!

Volume 2: La Bataille de France, 1940

Volume 3: Paths to Hell

Now as far as every game mentioned above saying Volume 1, Niko would be a better guy to ask this question. I think it may have to do that there could potentially be a 2nd sub category volume within each Volume listed above.

Alone in the storm is on Pre-order and that makes any of the above mentioned games Solitaire.

Hope I have summed it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Strait
United States
Federal way
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did post a LOS video this evening. It is up on youtube and awaiting moderator approval.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Dano
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
All of the different varieties of assault.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Strait
United States
Federal way
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HorizonMan wrote:
All of the different varieties of assault.

I can do that. I am also going to do the various types of movement as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ian, nice video! Thanks for the explanation on the LOS along slope. The correction on the adjacent hex LOS along slope crest is a manifest how easy to check the LOS in an incorrect manner. However, I find the explanation a bit on the basic side (it's alright in such a short precise video). My main confusion arises from the following two sentences in rule 6.2 with respect to tracing LOS from one hill/ slope to another hill/ slope:

6.2.2 Line of Sight along slopes. Line of Sight along slopes applies when the two hexes are at different heights. LOS may only be traced along slopes if the higher of the two units is in a crest hex. If the higher unit does not occupy a crest there is no LOS.

Any hex containing a crest line that is crossed by the LOS (other than a crest line in the hex occupied by the higher unit) also creates a blind hex in the adjacent hex behind it, unless the difference between the height of the two units is less than or equal to the distance
between them.

If you can talk about them in your next video, that will be great.laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Strait
United States
Federal way
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawrence Hung wrote:
Hi Ian, nice video! Thanks for the explanation on the LOS along slope. The correction on the adjacent hex LOS along slope crest is a manifest how easy to check the LOS in an incorrect manner. However, I find the explanation a bit on the basic side (it's alright in such a short precise video). My main confusion arises from the following two sentences in rule 6.2 with respect to tracing LOS from one hill/ slope to another hill/ slope:

6.2.2 Line of Sight along slopes. Line of Sight along slopes applies when the two hexes are at different heights. LOS may only be traced along slopes if the higher of the two units is in a crest hex. If the higher unit does not occupy a crest there is no LOS.

Any hex containing a crest line that is crossed by the LOS (other than a crest line in the hex occupied by the higher unit) also creates a blind hex in the adjacent hex behind it, unless the difference between the height of the two units is less than or equal to the distance
between them.

If you can talk about them in your next video, that will be great.laugh

I see yes I will try and cover that as well. I did overlook that non intentionally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.