Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Grand Austria Hotel» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Emperor Track rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerritjan Roubos
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing this game a lot, people can always ask questions making you think: why didn't I ever think about that?.
Yesterday a player wanted to stay at "0" on the Emperor Track, for not have to get a penalty.
He had a guest who gives him a Coffee and 2 tracks on the Emperors Track.
He took the Coffee but not the tracks.
Is that allowed?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Roubosga wrote:
Playing this game a lot, people can always ask questions making you think: why didn't I ever think about that?.
Yesterday a player wanted to stay at "0" on the Emperor Track, for not have to get a penalty.
He had a guest who gives him a Coffee and 2 tracks on the Emperors Track.
He took the Coffee but not the tracks.
Is that allowed?


Err, doesn't staying on the 0 spot ensure the penalty?

EDIT: That is, if you are on the zero spot, you will get the penalty during Emperor scoring.

Otherwise I don't see a reason why you couldn't decline part of the reward/action, although it seems like it would make very little sense to do so.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerritjan Roubos
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh indeed, silly me, I was wrong.
It was just the other way round. You get a penalty when you are at zero.
Sorry and thanks for refreshing my memory again.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Roubosga wrote:
Oh indeed, silly me, I was wrong.
It was just the other way round. You get a penalty when you are at zero.
Sorry and thanks for refreshing my memory again.


Well, the sequence of the Emperor scoring can get confusing since, you get points before deducting the steps, before adjudicating the bonus/penalty. More than a few players I've played with got confused with that.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerritjan Roubos
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shader10 wrote:
Well, the sequence of the Emperor scoring can get confusing since, you get points before deducting the steps, before adjudicating the bonus/penalty. More than a few players I've played with got confused with that.

Yes that was a thing I still remembered, but I was probably the only one in the world who twisted the other rule: Track 0 and Track 1-2.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.