Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: Journey to Mordor» Forums » General

Subject: Why such a low rating rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is this game rated so low?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HANJEL T
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my opinion is a good game. With luck and a few of theme. I had assessed it with a 7, in comparison with other games which I had assessed. But the rate is something completely subjective. Another player could give the game a 1 or a 10, it doesn't be taken totally seriously.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikolaj Witkowski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sargeras777 wrote:
Why is this game rated so low?

I don't have the game yet, but I have to say for me the excitement dropped down after I've learned there is no board, only pieces of paper...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HANJEL T
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
borsook wrote:
I don't have the game yet, but I have to say for me the excitement dropped down after I've learned there is no board, only pieces of paper...

I underestand you shake. To avoid that, I have plasticized four maps and I use small erasable markers.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I rated it low because I didn't like it
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjorn Petit
Belgium
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
murksofus wrote:
I rated it low because I didn't like it


Why didn't you like it? I'm considering to buy the game, but the rating is holding me back. What is your experience with the gameplay?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Petitje81 wrote:
murksofus wrote:
I rated it low because I didn't like it


Why didn't you like it? I'm considering to buy the game, but the rating is holding me back. What is your experience with the gameplay?


I felt like there were very few meaningful choices with the dice. If you roll rings, you keep those. If you roll bad stuff, hope that you roll good stuff to counter it, because if you don't, you can't do much of anything.

I have other light dice games that I like a lot better, so I sold this one off.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjorn Petit
Belgium
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
murksofus wrote:

I felt like there were very few meaningful choices with the dice. If you roll rings, you keep those. If you roll bad stuff, hope that you roll good stuff to counter it, because if you don't, you can't do much of anything.

I have other light dice games that I like a lot better, so I sold this one off.


Thanks for your feedback. Which light dice games do you enjoy?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm, we like Qwixx (and Qwinto), also FUSE, King of Tokyo and Elder Sign, although the last two arent necessarily light
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjorn Petit
Belgium
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
murksofus wrote:
Hm, we like Qwixx (and Qwinto), also FUSE, King of Tokyo and Elder Sign, although the last two arent necessarily light


Thanks for the tips!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
murksofus wrote:
Petitje81 wrote:
murksofus wrote:
I rated it low because I didn't like it


Why didn't you like it? I'm considering to buy the game, but the rating is holding me back. What is your experience with the gameplay?


I felt like there were very few meaningful choices with the dice. If you roll rings, you keep those. If you roll bad stuff, hope that you roll good stuff to counter it, because if you don't, you can't do much of anything.

I have other light dice games that I like a lot better, so I sold this one off.


And how comparable is the experience to Zombie Dice?

Also there is a similar dice game, about crawling dungeons; similar to ZD but if I recall seemingly far more interesting; if you roll three dragons you have to fight it etc...can't remember the name, though.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sargeras777 wrote:
murksofus wrote:
Petitje81 wrote:
murksofus wrote:
I rated it low because I didn't like it


Why didn't you like it? I'm considering to buy the game, but the rating is holding me back. What is your experience with the gameplay?


I felt like there were very few meaningful choices with the dice. If you roll rings, you keep those. If you roll bad stuff, hope that you roll good stuff to counter it, because if you don't, you can't do much of anything.

I have other light dice games that I like a lot better, so I sold this one off.


And how comparable is the experience to Zombie Dice?

Also there is a similar dice game, about crawling dungeons; similar to ZD but if I recall seemingly far more interesting; if you roll three dragons you have to fight it etc...can't remember the name, though.



I liked Zombie Dice better than this, but it doesn't have a whole lot more decisions. Don't really know why I liked it more Also, there is Martian Dice, which is also similar.

The dungeon crawling dice game you're thinking of is probably Dungeon Roll, but I haven't tried that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HANJEL T
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played all three, and I like them all. I love dice games.
"Journey to Mordor" seems to me the best of theese, it includes some interaction between players. This gives it more value about the other two (at least for me). Also I love its theme.

If you want to value other dice games, I recommend:
- God dice:
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/37982/god-dice
- Pirate dice:
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/124047/pirate-dice-voyag...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
murksofus wrote:
Sargeras777 wrote:
murksofus wrote:
Petitje81 wrote:
murksofus wrote:
I rated it low because I didn't like it


Why didn't you like it? I'm considering to buy the game, but the rating is holding me back. What is your experience with the gameplay?


I felt like there were very few meaningful choices with the dice. If you roll rings, you keep those. If you roll bad stuff, hope that you roll good stuff to counter it, because if you don't, you can't do much of anything.

I have other light dice games that I like a lot better, so I sold this one off.


And how comparable is the experience to Zombie Dice?

Also there is a similar dice game, about crawling dungeons; similar to ZD but if I recall seemingly far more interesting; if you roll three dragons you have to fight it etc...can't remember the name, though.



I liked Zombie Dice better than this, but it doesn't have a whole lot more decisions. Don't really know why I liked it more Also, there is Martian Dice, which is also similar.

The dungeon crawling dice game you're thinking of is probably Dungeon Roll, but I haven't tried that.


Just to check, did you play the Basic or Advanced Game?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sargeras777 wrote:
murksofus wrote:
Sargeras777 wrote:
murksofus wrote:
Petitje81 wrote:
murksofus wrote:
I rated it low because I didn't like it


Why didn't you like it? I'm considering to buy the game, but the rating is holding me back. What is your experience with the gameplay?


I felt like there were very few meaningful choices with the dice. If you roll rings, you keep those. If you roll bad stuff, hope that you roll good stuff to counter it, because if you don't, you can't do much of anything.

I have other light dice games that I like a lot better, so I sold this one off.


And how comparable is the experience to Zombie Dice?

Also there is a similar dice game, about crawling dungeons; similar to ZD but if I recall seemingly far more interesting; if you roll three dragons you have to fight it etc...can't remember the name, though.



I liked Zombie Dice better than this, but it doesn't have a whole lot more decisions. Don't really know why I liked it more Also, there is Martian Dice, which is also similar.

The dungeon crawling dice game you're thinking of is probably Dungeon Roll, but I haven't tried that.


Just to check, did you play the Basic or Advanced Game?


I tried out both. Didn't like either.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.