Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sasha Chernishev
Israel
Kiryat Ata
none
flag msg tools
Hi,
I am very excited about this game and would like to pre-order.
Today I saw that there is also a pre-order on Amazon, but does anyone know if this version comes with the 10 minis of the heroes, like the Kickstarter pre-order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the retail version of the game has the miniatures.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/23963958#23963958

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:
Yes, the retail version of the game has the miniatures.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/23963958#23963958

I'm not sure. There were two KS versions wasn't there? One with minis and one with standees? Isaac will know more

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Buckle
United Kingdom
Thornton Heath
Croydon
flag msg tools
designer
Omega Centauri
badge
Published in 2014
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanee is right, standees version is kickstarter only, retail has minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Klein
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Spook180 wrote:

10 minis

It's 18 minis in any case.

Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sasha Chernishev
Israel
Kiryat Ata
none
flag msg tools
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're seeing the same Amazon order I am, you should consider preordering directly from Cephalofair at this link: https://shop.trycelery.com/page/06571d8f-0818-49d0-97ce-e44b...

That should ship earlier than the Amazon copy and, unless you can get a really good deal on shipping through Amazon, it will be cheaper too. To an American address, it's $99 USD with no additional shipping charges preordering directly from Cephalofair; that Amazon link is $199 + $20 shipping. To Israel I think Cephalofair's shipping is $50 USD, so it might be worth it if the Amazon seller will ship it cheap, but the box is 9kg, so I'd be surprised.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
I learned not to trust Amazon preorders. They send one preorder in five. They set a low price just in case they manage to get the items cheap and usually that does not happen. Then you wait and wait and cancel the preorder and have to buy it from them much later.

At least this is my experience on Amazon DE and UK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, just to confirm that the retail game comes with only minis for the character classes. And if you order directly from me, you will get the game a month earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for posting this here but there's no email address on that shop site. Who should I contact in order to cancel the order that was placed on the shop.trycelery site? A lot of the online retailers have it for substantially cheaper (nearly 25% in some cases). With all the delays the kickstarter received I see no point in paying a higher price to still receive the game in 2017.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamen Hristov
Bulgaria
Rousse
Rousse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My guess is that you should contact Isaac directly.

Besides, there is still a point in keeping your order I was late for the KS, so I had to preorder as well, quite some time ago. When you add the shipping cost, basically I paid just as much as what the game is about to cost in retail stores around me ($120), if not even more with discounts into consideration, but nearly an year in advance. Yet, my money will go directly in support to Isaac as a thank you for all his efforts to create the game in the first place, cutting out the myriad of middlemen.

Plus, as he mentioned in the post above, we will still receive the game a month or more before it's available in retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Courtemanche
Canada
Bois-des-filion
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cephalofair wrote:
Yeah, just to confirm that the retail game comes with only minis for the character classes. And if you order directly from me, you will get the game a month earlier.

If that ain't an incitative ‎to Pre-Order from Isaac, I'm not sure what will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Kovacs
Greece
Athens
Ano Kalamaki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I guess I'm in the minority these days, but what happens if I prefer the game with standees instead of minis? I really dislike minis and the entire mini rage and one-up wars between companies.. Besides driving prices up, standees with good art trump unpainted minis any day, and good looking prepainted minis are stupidly expensive..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hero standees were only offered thru the Kickstarter, but I believe there's a standees version available in the BGG store right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Allen
United States
White Settlement
Texas
flag msg tools
www.bobweekend.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Wrightboy wrote:
Sorry for posting this here but there's no email address on that shop site. Who should I contact in order to cancel the order that was placed on the shop.trycelery site? A lot of the online retailers have it for substantially cheaper (nearly 25% in some cases). With all the delays the kickstarter received I see no point in paying a higher price to still receive the game in 2017.

Thanks!

Note they went away. I sent info to Isaac and the less than $99 preorder offers have vanished. Closest is the Amazon $119.

If you order from someone else you need to contact them about canceling.

I like a bargain as much as the next guy. Think of your FLGS. Rent, Utilities, and other incidental cost. You save 10% on a game you buy online. Take it to your FLGS to play. If everyone did this your FLGS would be no more.

I am a small non-landed (non-e) game store. I cannot do the volume to sell stuff to compete with Cool Stuff or SciFi City. They can make $0.20 on a game and still profit with volume. Advocate for MAP pricing.

Laundry/rant, The KS retailer backer cost for Ghostbusters was 53 and change(public knowledge easy math). This did not include any of the stretch goals. The KS Retail package has a glow in the dark Slimer. Before the KS shipped, Sci-Fi City had the game on pre-order for $55.00 save $30 off of MSRP. Because of missteps on the launch kit I learned wholesale price was in the mid 40s. Less than the retailer KS price. As it stands I backed Ghostbusters for 6 units. These were available at BGG Con 2015, I have 2 left in inventory.

Back on topic.
If you intend to pre-order please do so directly from Isaac. Respect the work he has put into the game.

Slim margins and high volume, Discount your FLGS out of business. I have been playing games at my favorite store for years, why did they close? ANSWER simple you bought your games from the mega discounters vs your favorite game shop.

In the language of awakened Magi:
shen'esa nes khoishi umbosuto sum'esa khokeish
Your near friendly game place command you assist.

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Karrde
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bobweekend wrote:
Wrightboy wrote:

Thanks!

Note they went away. I sent info to Isaac and the less than $99 preorder offers have vanished. Closest is the Amazon $119.

FYI, Gloomhaven is still out there at online stores for preorder (ex. MM for $80).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Compton
United States
Rochester Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would anyone know which version this is at the Miniature Market website?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since they're a retailer, you'd expect it to be the retail version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mulder69 wrote:

There is no difference, except for the the "Thank You" card that Kickstarter Backers will receive. But in terms of substantive components or gameplay, they are identical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Karrde
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenLaborMike wrote:
Mulder69 wrote:

There is no difference, except for the the "Thank You" card that Kickstarter Backers will receive. But in terms of substantive components or gameplay, they are identical.

I think Brian was referring to the standee vs mini versions. But as Alex said, I would expect it to be the retail (mini) version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Compton
United States
Rochester Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Release of the retail version seems to be in February. When will direct orders from you, Isaac(trycelery.com), be delivered? I ask because I will only have a US-based address until mid-January. Then, it's back to Thailand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mulder69 wrote:
Release of the retail version seems to be in February. When will direct orders from you, Isaac(trycelery.com), be delivered? I ask because I will only have a US-based address until mid-January. Then, it's back to Thailand.

Still unsure, hopefully in December or January but delays could happen so in your situation preorder is maybe not the best option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.