4 Posts

Crimson Creek» Forums » Rules

Subject: some more rule questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Asher Atlas
Israel
flag msg tools
After receiving the game and being very excited to start playing it, we played it for the 1st time last night as a full 6 player game.
Before asking my questions, I must say it was a fun experience. I'm really happy I invested in this game. Great work!

Now to the questions we came up with:

1. Say I was hiding at a location that got attacked. I know that I become scared, my hiding spot is discarded for the rest of the act and I have to move to an adjacent location. What happens if there's no such valid location? For example, if all adjacent locations are either full or have already been attacked? Do I just die even though I had a hiding spot?

2. Regarding the Jock special ability: What happens if the Jock wants to run to a location 2 spaces away that already contains 2 characters? Can he swap? (I saw someone already asked this, but there was no reply from the game makers) Also, can the Jock run across a location that has already been attacked in order to reach a destination 2 spaces away?

3. Can someone swap locations with me after I got chased to a location? Say an atatck happens and I decide to get chased to a specific location I know is safe, making the space full (it contains another character). Can the character who plays after me, figuring out my new location is safe, swap locations with me, so they're safe and I'm not (ignoring hiding place restrictions for a moment)?

4. What is the added value of NPCs besides blocking spaces/changing movement strategy and the feel of the game?

We thought it might be cool if you could share information with NPCs, writing the info you want to share down on a paper, so that someone else can go share info with them and also see what you told them while adding more info, essentially making NPCs a good way to share info.

Having said all that, the only thing that made the game a bit too difficult for our first experience was the cut throat exposure track. Since almost everything we did moved the exposure track (peeking and having to move in order to share info), every player managed to have less than 1 full turn (on average) before the act ended, and we weren't even close to finding the lair. By the end of the 1st act 2 players were eliminated, and by the end of the 2nd act, due to a cheerleader mistake (how fitting) everyone else died.
At some point 1 character figured out the location of the lair, but was too far away to declare it - having played just 1 turn, he didn't have enough turns in order to reach it, after figuring out.

I'm hoping that this will become easier the more we play and understand the mechanics and strategies.

Cheers for an awesome game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Toystorian
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, unfortunately you are killed. It’s as if your hiding place has been discovered by Klein.

2. Swapping is a type of Running action. So yes, the Jock can swap using normal swapping rules. And no the Jock cannot run across locations that are inaccessible after they have been attacked.

3. As long as you didn’t swap with that Player to get to that location and you are not in possession of a relevant hiding place for that location they are allowed to swap you out of the location you were chased to. But remember this is a semi-cooperative game, so if they swap you out of your safe location that may very well be because they know they are possessed by Klein.

4. Yes, the NPCs are meant to change movement and strategies. But your idea of sharing information with them is an excellent idea!

Yes, the more you play and understand the mechanics and strategies as a team the easier it becomes to survive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher Atlas
Israel
flag msg tools
Thanks for the answers.
Just 1 small clarification regarding #2 - this means that the player the Jock swapped with is sent to the previous location of the Jock - 2 spaces away?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Toystorian
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually that is a good point to clarify. The Jock has to work his way over to the 2nd space. So the swap is done with the adjacent space he moved to that location from. It is possible the Jock could swap at both the first and then at the second location he travels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.