Subject: The Wise and the Foreman rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikael Forssander
Sweden
Norrtälje
flag msg tools
mb
If I have the appellation the wise and have the foreman as my active advisor may I then recruit two advisors at the end of my turn? Or is't only possible to recruit one advisor with a discount of two gold? Can I choose to pay with a reputation instead of gold?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The Wise: "You may hire an additional advisor when hiring advisors."

The Foreman: "At the end of your turn, before exhausting the Foreman, you may hire an advisor at a discount of -2 gold."

I'd let you hire two advisors at the end of your turn, but only one would get the discount. Either or both could be bought with reputation (but the gold discount would not normally help when buying with reputation).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Pelkofer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lactamaeon wrote:
The Wise: "You may hire an additional advisor when hiring advisors."

The Foreman: "At the end of your turn, before exhausting the Foreman, you may hire an advisor at a discount of -2 gold."

I'd let you hire two advisors at the end of your turn, but only one would get the discount. Either or both could be bought with reputation (but the gold discount would not normally help when buying with reputation).

Your interpretation is consistent with the wording. I was thinking that the Wise only applied to the Hire Advisor step of the turn order, but that's not what it says.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
countertorque wrote:
Your interpretation is consistent with the wording. I was thinking that the Wise only applied to the Hire Advisor step of the turn order, but that's not what it says.

I mean, I think it's totally reasonable to apply it only in the Hire Advisor step, but after a couple of games I honestly don't think hiring more advisors at once is all that powerful (at least, not consistently so).

Maybe I'll change my mind after unlocking more advisors (or seeing more of the ones we have unlocked).

I definitely wouldn't let them combo into multiple discounts, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This question hasn't come up in our game, but I would lean toward the interpretation that "The Wise" applied to the Hiring Advisors step, not the bonus hire at the end of the turn. But it's definitely ambiguous and I could see the other interpretation as reasonable, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.