Hide
5 Posts

Betrayal at House on the Hill: Widow's Walk» Forums » Rules

Subject: *Haunt 87 Spoilers* Missing Movement Rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Teddy O
msg tools
As I'm writing this, my group and I are playing another game having just played Haunt 87 - Sibling Rivalry - and it caused... a bit of comfusion, to say the least.

The comfusion stems from the fact it doesn't list the Headmistress' movement rules in either book.

We played it as her beimg a companion, but some of the wording in the traitors tome makes it more confusing (eg. it saying that she was locked in there, and having significance to her leaving the basement like us heroes were meant to have more of a challange getting her out).

I think we went about it alright, but I'm terribly confused that she simply had no rules.

Does anyone know why it doesnt specify her movement? Or how it should be played out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Filpus
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We hit this too; I think this haunt needs errata. We also played with the headmistress as just someone you could bring along with you at no cost, which made the haunt way too easy for the heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Beck
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An additional issue we encountered when doing this haunt for the first time tonight is that the heroes are never told who, what, or even where the headmistress is and the traitor is not directed to explain that the doctor token placed on the board IS the headmistress.

There is definitely a need for more clarification on this haunt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J F
msg tools
My wife and I just ran in to this tonight. The traitors tome contains the instructions for placing the headmistress token on the board, but neither the traitor or survivors instructions indicate how she can be moved.

Both of us were expecting the other to be moving her around since each of our instructions omitted this information. So we just kept thinking the other was being stupid for not understanding the rules in their tome angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was addressed in the FAQ:

"On your turn, you can pick up the Headmistress when you enter her room, move her token with your figure, then stop moving with her at any point during your movement."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.