Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jmoulina jmoulina
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello,

Could you deliver a pillar on a already explore island with a Shrine on it ?
Could you build a Shrine on a explored island with a pillar on it ?

My opinion is Yes then Yes (because if no you can totally block a opponent from achieving a "built a temple" zeus tile).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Fischer
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmoulina wrote:
Hello,

My opinion is Yes then Yes (because if no you can totally block a opponent from achieving a "built a temple" zeus tile).

No you build statues on Statue Islands and shrines on Temple Islands, so there is no blocking (also see rules on page on page 11 "Build a Shrine" and "Raise a Statue".

EDIT: Ok, you're talking about the Pillar variant. There I don't see any restriction other than that you can only build one pillar per island. So I agree with you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jmoulina jmoulina
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thx for both of your answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jmoulina wrote:
Hello,

Yes, exactly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Holt
msg tools
mbmbmb
Just to clarify, you can also pick up a pillar AND a statue with one die/action when you are adjacent to a city?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ChrsH81 wrote:
Just to clarify, you can also pick up a pillar AND a statue with one die/action when you are adjacent to a city?

I would want to check again to make sure, but I thought picking up a pillar was it's own action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ChrsH81 wrote:
The sentence in the rule is:
During the action "Loading a Statue" you may additionally take a Pillar from the adjacent City Tile and store it in your Ship."
So yes - in fact there is no other way to get a pillar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
barandur wrote:
ChrsH81 wrote:
During the action "Loading a Statue" you may additionally take a Pillar from the adjacent City Tile and store it in your Ship."

Oh, i read that as picking up a pillar is an additional option under the Load a Statue action, i.e. when you "load a statue" you could pick up a statue or a pillar.

Apparently I was wrong, and it's both?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
barandur wrote:
ChrsH81 wrote:

Oh, i read that as picking up a pillar is an additional option under the Load a Statue action, i.e. when you "load a statue" you could pick up a statue or a pillar.

Yes, it's both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Holt
msg tools
mbmbmb
barandur wrote:
sedjtroll wrote:
barandur wrote:
ChrsH81 wrote:

Yes, it's both.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.