Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Torsten Oppermann
Germany
Kaiserslautern
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the pc game handle line of sight differently than it is in the boardgame ? I just bought the pc game and it seems there are much more exceptions when it comes to line of sight... very confused here...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The PC game does handle LOS differently. I believe it more or leas does true LOS rather than following the rules of the board game, so there are often differences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
from the product page(matrixgames):
Quote:
Line of Sight calculations use a 3D technique -- ray casting on the map geometry -- instead of the rules in the book. This allows the computer game to have more complicated hills than in the board game.

here's the link to the product page incl. more exceptions/differences boardgame/pc game version:

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/424/details/Conflict.of....

there's an ingame LOS tool - use 'L' keyboard shortcut from any hex to check LOS.
unfortunately not documented in the pc game manual.
here's a link to all hotkeys:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3219438

cheers!
chem!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Oppermann
Germany
Kaiserslautern
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh wow thank you guys.

However i am a bit disappointed, since i really just wanted a 1 to 1 version of the boardgame... well my mistake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
i mistook features for exceptions... steam store page has the LOS calculations for the pc game listed as feature!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.