Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Hobbs
United Kingdom
Aberdare
Rhondda Cynon Taff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi all

I'm just going through the add-ons and I've noticed that there are no wound markers in any of the boxes. I know we won't need them for a lot of the figures, but ones like the Demon of the Earth, the Sabertooth Tiger, the Witch hunters, Baal Pteor and maybe Herrena the Henna-Haired Harridan (sorry I mean Vanir Valkyrie) I would have expected to have wound markers as I cant see then only having 1 wound

has anyone raised this with Monolith?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeHobbs wrote:
I'm just going through the add-ons and I've noticed that there are no wound markers in any of the boxes. I know we won't need them for a lot of the figures, but ones like the Demon of the Earth, the Sabertooth Tiger, the Witch hunters, Baal Pteor and maybe Herrena the Henna-Haired Harridan (sorry I mean Vanir Valkyrie) I would have expected to have wound markers as I cant see then only having 1 wound

i hadn't noticed that yet, but a related point is that the add-ons incorrectly use the Shield icon instead of the Helmet icon for armor (i.e. a misprint). The armor value is correct, it just uses the wrong icon. i'm not sure if this affects all the add-ons, but it affects all of those i bothered to check (e.g. the Demon of the Earth).

MikeHobbs wrote:

You might have just done so - at least one Monolithite(? Monolithian?) is currently active in the forums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mervyn Douglas
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mike, you do mean "wounds" as opposed to recording damage against them as they take hits? That damage is recorded on the "turn track" which I'm sure you do...what are these "wounds" of which you speak oh wizard...??
I'm regretting not going for The Black Ones...they look great! And I like the Sabretooth - thats a powerful beast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Hatt
France
Brest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeHobbs wrote:
hi all

They are indeed missing. Monolith is aware of the issue.
There are some you can print yourself in the meantime if you want.
http://www.cwowd.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/jetons-point...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mathhatt wrote:
MikeHobbs wrote:
hi all

They are indeed missing. Monolith is aware of the issue.
There are some you can print yourself in the meantime if you want.
http://www.cwowd.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/jetons-point...

Sigh. 1 year overdue (from Oct 2015) and Monolith still fumbles the ball.

Oh, well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chinkster wrote:
Sigh. 1 year overdue (from Oct 2015) and Monolith still fumbles the ball.

Oh, well.

What i find more distressing is that these replacements apparently don't come from Monolith (they're not available in the Downloads area of the Monolith site). i guess this is what Monolith meant when they said that they hope to build a strong community for Conan: let The Community produce any missing bits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Brazelton
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
In the KS update that just posted, monolith promised to provide printed wound tokens for the add-ons that were missing. I think they are doing a great job addressing concerns and fixing problems, TBH.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hobbs
United Kingdom
Aberdare
Rhondda Cynon Taff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aubaine wrote:
In the KS update that just posted, monolith promised to provide printed wound tokens for the add-ons that were missing. I think they are doing a great job addressing concerns and fixing problems, TBH.

yeah I just got the update, so it looks like Monolith are aware and looking to fix this oversight

thanks everyone for the replies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aubaine wrote:

i can't help but notice that the update[1] didn't mention the Skill cards, which are rife with translation errors (Wall Wrecker, Counterattack, and Attack from Beyond immediately come to mine). They also don't mention the various misprints on spell cards (see the first 3 words of Ymir's Rage) nor the misprinted add-on tiles (they incorrectly use the Shield icon for Armor values).

[1] = #174: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/conan/posts/1...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't see the problem, can't you just use the ones in the game? Don't think any more are required to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Major Mishap wrote:
Can't see the problem, can't you just use the ones in the game? Don't think any more are required to play.

Each token is a picture of the unit in question. There are no tokens picturing any of the add-on units, so there are no tokens to use unless you want to proxy other units' tokens for them (which would be horribly confusing in this case).

However, today's KS update says:

Quote:
We forgot to include the Life Points token in the add-ons. We will offer you a solution much like the one for the rulebooks.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/conan/posts/1...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.