Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
After one game I feel like I have to give my opinion about this Conan.

Foreword: I am a fan of all things Conan but not a HUGE fan, just a... fan. I actually pledged the KS ALSO because the mechanics felt fresh for an OL (Overlord)game.

Pros:

- The mechanics... well they actually DO feel fresh. It's true, it was not a marketed idea that fell flat at my table. We all really liked the way we had to plan and manage resources. It makes Conan really differ from other games of the genre and that could be the end of this post since it makes the purchase and the playing satisfying.

-The components are great: minis, map, tiles. All is good quality and there's tons of it (extra KS remark) : with the KS there's literally TOO MUCH Conan in this Conan, but as we said yesterday: "when is too much COnan a BAD thing uh? "

-"Wanna play again soon" factor is 100%. Usually it's enough for me to say a game is good, with the pros afore listed it's more than eough to say so.

-Edit: playing the Overlord is really fun in Conan, and full of relevant choices IMO, which can't be said for a lot of games of the sort.

Cons:

-The rules. I don't know if it's me or what but WOW I haven't seen rules that let you in the fog like this since 51st state first edition XD! (I'm a HUGE fan and collector of Ignacy Trewiczek games, so I'm used to dodgy rule books)

-How are we gonna use all the extra content (can't say if it's a pro or a con really, we'll see what happens on Monolith site)

Summary : I do NOT regret a cent I invested in this mammoth box. It's really what it advertised it would be: the Conan game to rule them all and all Conan fans and OL-based games lovers should own it.

(PS: this is written taking into account that my coloured bases were not in the box and replaced in our game by bits of playdoh... But Monolith has contacted me as soon as I contacted them (the same day actually!) to tell me they were doing their best to have me get the missing parts, so... excellent customer service to be appraised!)

!!! I'm in NO WAY whatsoever affiliated with Monolith, Fred Henry or any of the members of the team, I'm just a happy backer and a broke Superbacker (like a few of you I do not doubt) !!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you read today's update?

They mentioned how to use extra content, or when it'll happen... they initially didn't think they'd ship addons with wave 1 but they managed to do it before they've released any info on how to use them.

It's coming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bauman
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad I can read French. The cards have mistranslations, apparently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards are what I'm worried most about, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillean wrote:

They mentioned how to use extra content, or when it'll happen... they initially didn't think they'd ship addons with wave 1 but they managed to do it before they've released any info on how to use them.

It's coming!

Excellent news sir and GG for bringing it to my ears!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yuffie kasiragi
msg tools
Hillean wrote:

Where can we read those updates ?
Didn't get any KS email today...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Brazelton
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Should have gotten it yesterday. It's up on the KS page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here you go:

Update 174 - Shipping, rulebooks, and other topics

Greetings Adventurers,

First of all, here is an update on the dispatch process:

Europe/South America/Africa : Almost all the parcels have been sent out.
USA/Canada : The dispatch started last week but has been slightly delayed because of a container held in customs for inspection. We are waiting for a shipping plan from Ship Naked but 25% of the parcels have been sent out.
Asia : All the parcels have been sent out.
Australia/New Zeland : The dispatch will start in the next few days.

Regarding the new version of the rulebooks:

The 2nd version should be available mid-November in French, and in English before the end of November.- We will create a request form for those of you who want to receive a hard copy of the new rulebooks. This will be totally free of charge.

Regarding the content of the 1st wave:

Except for the content of the Barbarian box, the rest (King content, Stretch Goals, Add-ons) contains components in both English and French. You can discard the language you don't need. When possible, we created tiles with different colors in French and English for those who want to use all the tiles in their home-made scenarios.- There are extra cards (blanks, or with only the title of the card). Again, this is extra cards for the creation of home-made scenarios.

We let some errors slip in during the Kickstarter campaign:

There is no Character Sheet for the Kothian Archer. He is an Ally and only gets a tile.

There is no Spell card for Salomé.

As for the wave 1 Add-ons:

We originally planned on shipping them to you with the second wave. During the month of June, our production manager told us we could include them in the first wave, production-wise. We thought quite a long time about it and concluded that the backers may prefer to receive their add-ons in the first wave instead of the second, even if the advertised scenarios weren't available yet (to have them in their hands, to paint them, to create their own scenarios...). These scenarios will be available on our website starting January 2017. We understand that this may create questions but including the add-ons in Wave 1 has been heavily requested and we hope it will please most of you.
We forgot to include the Life Points token in the add-ons. We will offer you a solution much like the one for the rulebooks.

On other topics:

The Spells for Pelias are in the Stretch Goals cards

The extra miniature in the Stretch Goals is a Spartan from our upcoming Kickstarter Mythic Battles : Pantheon. It can not (yet) be played in Conan.

[Plastic production sample. Spartan sculpted by Stéphane Simon]

You can learn more about it here:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/186751/mythic-battle...

https://www.facebook.com/MythicBattles/?fref=ts

Regarding after-sales service:

At the moment, we have received a little over 100 requests for missing or damaged components. We are sorry for those of you who are affected and we will send replacements as soon as possible.

We are seeing on the social networks a lot of pictures of unboxing, painted minis and people playing and enjoying the game. This is our best reward and we thank you for that

We hope that the game will be as much fun for you as it is for us

Until next time folks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.