Subject: TS > 1989 > Volk > Struggle for Berlin? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marko Dobranic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I know these 3 great games with theme of Cold War that are not pure war games but give players tense feel during play. First there was Great Cold War Struggle between America and Soviets in Twilight Struggle. Then in 1989: Dawn of Freedom struggle focused on eastern Europe. In Wir sind das Volk struggle focused even more on just West and East Germany.

Could we get fourth great game that focuses on just Berlin's story in Cold War? Similarly to the 3 other games, it would be 2 player game. History is not my strongest suit, but I remember there were tunnels from East to West Berlin. West player would try to take people from East, and East player could use Stassi police to arrest people etc.
I know there are districts in Berlin, so maybe it could be more of an area control game. Or maybe more similar to Volk, so players would fight indirectly and try to have better living standard than the opponent.
What do you think?

I posted this question also on other game's forums to see if people think differently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Tix
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think I read something about an upcoming game about the Berlin Airlift. It looked awesome, but I can't remember what it was. Anyone?

Edit: it's simply called Berlin Airlift.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hawkins
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TimTix wrote:
I think I read something about an upcoming game about the Berlin Airlift. It looked awesome, but I can't remember what it was. Anyone?

Edit: it's simply called Berlin Airlift.

... but will it be as good?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.