Subject: TS > 1989 > Volk > Struggle for Berlin? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marko Dobranic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I know these 3 great games with theme of Cold War that are not pure war games but give players tense feel during play. First there was Great Cold War Struggle between America and Soviets in Twilight Struggle. Then in 1989: Dawn of Freedom struggle focused on eastern Europe. In Wir sind das Volk struggle focused even more on just West and East Germany.

Could we get fourth great game that focuses on just Berlin's story in Cold War? Similarly to the 3 other games, it would be 2 player game. History is not my strongest suit, but I remember there were tunnels from East to West Berlin. West player would try to take people from East, and East player could use Stassi police to arrest people etc.
I know there are districts in Berlin, so maybe it could be more of an area control game. Or maybe more similar to Volk, so players would fight indirectly and try to have better living standard than the opponent.
What do you think?

I posted this question also on other game's forums to see if people think differently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Torgerson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Candy Bombers: a solitaire game to break the 1948 blockade

Flucht Aus Berlin: a coop game to get as many defectors out of East Berlin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Dobranic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking about a game lasting from 1945 until 1989, not just few years after the WW2. The Wall could be built earlier or later then it actually happened or maybe even wouldn't be built at all. Maybe it would be just a struggle to survive. Or maybe it could involve battles with police. East/West Germany could be outside parties trying to help their side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferro Ostil
United States
Long Island City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a fantastic story game/roleplaying game by Ron Edwards, called Spione. It's about the cold war specifically in Berlin, about spies, their handlers, their families and friends. Well worth checking out, interesting and tense to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.