Subject: TS > 1989 > Volk > Struggle for Berlin? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marko Dobranic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I know these 3 great games with theme of Cold War that are not pure war games but give players tense feel during play. First there was Great Cold War Struggle between America and Soviets in Twilight Struggle. Then in 1989: Dawn of Freedom struggle focused on eastern Europe. In Wir sind das Volk struggle focused even more on just West and East Germany.

Could we get fourth great game that focuses on just Berlin's story in Cold War? Similarly to the 3 other games, it would be 2 player game. History is not my strongest suit, but I remember there were tunnels from East to West Berlin. West player would try to take people from East, and East player could use Stassi police to arrest people etc.
I know there are districts in Berlin, so maybe it could be more of an area control game. Or maybe more similar to Volk, so players would fight indirectly and try to have better living standard than the opponent.
What do you think?

I posted this question also on other game's forums to see if people think differently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This is an idea which does not Take My Breath Away
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King in Green
Japan
flag msg tools
mb
Sounds like an interesting idea, but perhaps not for a CDG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamuki (Jueguetistorias)
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are four Cold-War games now, a new CDG is in town, and it's superb 13 Days: The Cuban Missile Crisis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grayson
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
"Gotta go slow, gotta go fast, gotta swing low when I walk past..."
badge
Turtle Cat (2/26/16) by Rachel Kremer of semicoop.com
mbmbmbmbmb
mado78 wrote:
So I know these 3 great games with theme of Cold War that are not pure war games but give players tense feel during play. First there was Great Cold War Struggle between America and Soviets in Twilight Struggle. Then in 1989: Dawn of Freedom struggle focused on eastern Europe. In Wir sind das Volk struggle focused even more on just West and East Germany.

Could we get fourth great game that focuses on just Berlin's story in Cold War?

Rather different from any of the aforementioned 3, but here is one option: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/180537/berlin-airlift

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.