5 Posts

DC Comics Deck-Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ozymandias & Icicle end of turn procedures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Stephen
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Just a quick question regarding this interaction.

Superhero: Ozymandias (At the end of each of your turns, draw an extra card and then put a card from your hand on top of your deck)

Supervillain: Icicle (Choose a foe. That foe flips his super hero face down until the end of his next turn)

If an opponent uses icicle's effect on me thus turning ozymandias face down, would i be able to use ozymandius's effect next turn or not considering both the finish of icicles effect and ozymandius's effect happen at the end of my turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephens3012 wrote:
If an opponent uses icicle's effect on me thus turning ozymandias face down, would i be able to use ozymandius's effect next turn or not considering both the finish of icicles effect and ozymandius's effect happen at the end of my turn?

Flip to the back page of any rulebook. There is a specific end of turn procedure.
"End of turn" effects wear off
Then you discard all played cards and draw a new hand
Then you refill the line-up
Finally flip over a new Super Villain if needed.

Icicle would wear off in the first step, Ozymandis is step 2. So Ozymandis appears to be immune to Icicle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stephen
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thank you for answering that for me, much appreciated.

Sorry I have one more quick question, I don't want to create yet another thread for it and had been hoping to edit my original post to include it but the site went down for maintenance haha.

For the final countdown crisis, do you still need to defeat all villains in the lineup before it can be attempted or can you include any villains there as part of the 2-7? I'm assuming the former but I just wanted to double check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephens3012 wrote:
For the final countdown crisis, do you still need to defeat all villains in the lineup before it can be attempted or can you include any villains there as part of the 2-7? I'm assuming the former but I just wanted to double check.

This is actually covered on page 9 of the Crisis 1 rulebook:
"Final Countdown: Note that you cannot destroy any Villains of those costs, as you cannot attempt to beat a Crisis until there are no Villains in the line-Up...."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B-Rad
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grarrrg to the rescue!

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.