GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,063 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: card sleeve help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have used Mayday sleeves for many years and been pretty happy. This week an incident with them has soured me on buying any more of their sleeves. I might need to do it for my big games like Dominion because of the expense of replacing my entire collection with a new kind of sleeve.

I am looking for a different brand now to use to replace Mayday on most of my games and to use on new games going forward. I prefer the thinner sleeves because I think they shuffle easier and make the card stacks smaller. I am looking for advice on what to purchase. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I clicked on this thinking you were new and asking about a size for a game so I was going to point you to the rather exhaustive list that someone has made for sleeve sizes. Um, oops, not the kind of help you need, apparently!

I wish I could be any help but I've only just started thinking about sleeving my cards. Whta happened with Mayday that you don't want to use them any more? If there's something wrong, I'd rather know now before I start buying sleeves for games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wren08 wrote:
I clicked on this thinking you were new and asking about a size for a game so I was going to point you to the rather exhaustive list that someone has made for sleeve sizes. Um, oops, not the kind of help you need, apparently!

I wish I could be any help but I've only just started thinking about sleeving my cards. Whta happened with Mayday that you don't want to use them any more? If there's something wrong, I'd rather know now before I start buying sleeves for games.

Mayday accepted my order a week ago and said I would have it 5 business days later. I received an email saying it had been shipped. On the sixth business day when I asked about the sleeves I was informed that the order was never shipped because they were out of stock. I was told they would keep my order and fill it when they restocked or they would refund my money. They seemed not very unapologetic. It hit me wrong with all y past orders with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are big enough to where I doubt they noticed your previous history with them. Also, I would look into Ultra Pro sleeves. I have used their penny sleeves quite a bit although I use premiums to a default these days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
They are big enough to where I doubt they noticed your previous history with them. Also, I would look into Ultra Pro sleeves. I have used their penny sleeves quite a bit although I use premiums to a default these days.

Thank you. I used them a lot when I was a Magic player. I will check them out again. For the record, I don't think Mayday should treat even new customers the way I was treated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:

I just checked the UP site and found no board game cards less than 6 cents apiece.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I just checked the UP site and found no board game cards less than 6 cents apiece.

Go to eBay and search for something like "2,000 Ultra Pro card sleeves." You'll get them for about .80/pack of 100.

Mind, these are penny sleeves, which many people don't like. I love them and always buy them in bulk from eBay. But people complain that they are too flimsy and don't fit right. So, if you are used to a premium feel, these might not be for you.

Like I said, they do a great job for me. I've got over 500 games in my collection and pretty much everything with a card is sleeved in these things...including Dominion. (For odd sizes I do use Mayday.)

If you have a Wal-Mart nearby, they usually have them. Drop a buck and see if they will meet your needs.

Good luck.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And here we thought the OP was asking for help with a size too. For that check out our new sleeving App:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/maydaysleever/id1163477397?u...

For the OP, please email our customer service back and I'm sure they can help you, if you want a refund just ask too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
And here we thought the OP was asking for help with a size too. For that check out our new sleeving App:

For the OP, please email our customer service back and I'm sure they can help you, if you want a refund just ask too.

Actually customer service did offer me a refund. That isn't helpful because the sleeves I ordered were for a game that is already heavily sleeved in Mayday product. But they didn't say why I got a shipping notice email when there was no product to ship and why I got no notice of that face even a week after I ordered it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:
maydaygames wrote:

Actually customer service did offer me a refund. That isn't helpful because the sleeves I ordered were for a game that is already heavily sleeved in Mayday product. But they didn't say why I got a shipping notice email when there was no product to ship and why I got no notice of that face even a week after I ordered it.

Inventory errors happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayday has taken some steps to get the product to me in as short a time as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.