Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is now available to order:

https://hollandspiele.com/products/house-of-normandy

Until Friday November 4, it is selling for $25 USD. The Scheldt Campaign will also be on sale ($7.20 off to commemorate a 72nd anniversary) between October 31 and November 2, so folks who want to save more moolah can take advantage of both sales.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
How's it for solo play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
How's it for solo play?

It's not as solo-friendly as Agricola, Master of Britain , but there's no hidden information and it's an I-go-U-go game, so it's pretty easy to play both sides in both this and the first game in the series (The Grunwald Swords).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerit Driessen
Netherlands
Mierlo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the rules be released soon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Gerit wrote:
Will the rules be released soon?

Hi Gerit,

Here it is-- it's the same ruleset as The Grunwald Swords. Once the third game in the S&S II series is out, it'll qualify as a "board game family" and gets its own central page, and all the games will be linked to that.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/136430/shields-swords...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Koff
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my "What's Next?" blog.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the difference between the two maps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
spindoc wrote:
What's the difference between the two maps?

Hi Bill-- one map is a "plain" map, just lush green grass, and is used for three of the four battles. The second map is specifically for "The Battle of the Standard", and features High Ground and a Marsh, as well as a set-up zone for the Scots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Koff
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my "What's Next?" blog.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Tom. Can you upload a photo of the second map?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
spindoc wrote:
Thanks Tom. Can you upload a photo of the second map?

Here's a shot of the map at set-up:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Delval
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tom, I might be mistaken but didn't you mention somewhere you were going to do a kickstarter for a series of Viking battles in this system? Or am I mistaken about that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Darthvegeta800 wrote:
Tom, I might be mistaken but didn't you mention somewhere you were going to do a kickstarter for a series of Viking battles in this system? Or am I mistaken about that?

I designed a game with Viking battles for the original S&S system, which is under contract with Flying Pig Games. I'm not sure what Mark's exact plans are right at this moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Delval
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
tomrussell wrote:
Darthvegeta800 wrote:

I designed a game with Viking battles for the original S&S system, which is under contract with Flying Pig Games. I'm not sure what Mark's exact plans are right at this moment.

Aah okay thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Musler
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules Question...regarding the Horse Phase (10.0)

There do not seem to be any cavalry counters in House of Normandy that qualify for the sentence: "Light Horse Units in possession of a Fire Rating are *not* eligible for this range bonus."

I just want to confirm my assumption that rule pertains to Grunwald or future games in the series. (Otherwise I am missing Light Horse counters.)

Also, regarding the Shield Wall. From 7.3, 8.0 and UTMM (each of which is worded slightly differently) I assume that it is possible to have units in one shield wall attacking units in another shield wall, in which case there would be a cumulative -2 Combat Class modifier. Is that correct or am I missing the intent of the rule(s)?

TIA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
bmusler wrote:
Rules Question...regarding the Horse Phase (10.0)

There do not seem to be any cavalry counters in House of Normandy that qualify for the sentence: "Light Horse Units in possession of a Fire Rating are *not* eligible for this range bonus."

I just want to confirm my assumption that rule pertains to Grunwald or future games in the series. (Otherwise I am missing Light Horse counters.)

There are no Light Horse Units with a Fire Rating in House of Normandy (or in Grunwald, which has no missile units at all). The series rules are just that, rules that cover everything for the system as a whole.

Quote:

Also, regarding the Shield Wall. From 7.3, 8.0 and UTMM (each of which is worded slightly differently) I assume that it is possible to have units in one shield wall attacking units in another shield wall, in which case there would be a cumulative -2 Combat Class modifier. Is that correct or am I missing the intent of the rule(s)?

You are absolutely correct; Shield Wall versus Shield Wall is -2CC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.