Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Turn Order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Sullivan
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
OK this is going to sound weird i know, and during my first game it felt right but i wanna make sure i didnt get it wrong.

The rules at some points make it sound like you do everything at once per player (build/command in order of the turn cards) sometimes it kinda sounds like its everyone does the Build in order, then Command, then gather Resources.

The way we played it was when a player's turn pops up he builds things, assigns research, then does his command phase. When all 3 of us are done with that, we reset tokens and gather resources.

Silly question i know because literally every game has a player do everything he/she possibly can before the next player does anything, but the wording on the rules make me wonder if this game is unique and instead its:
Player1 does build - Player2 does build - Player3 does build
Player1 does command - Player2 does command - Player3 does command
All players gather resources.

Sorry if this sounds kinda confusing what im asking lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gardner
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each player fully completes his phases/turn before the next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
You have been playing correctly.

Almost everyone has looked into doing the build/command phases differently. The thing is that the build phase is your response to someone else's command phase.

They could wipe out your fleet and then you don't have resources to do anything on your next turn.
They could take over a planet that you weren't expecting, and in the build phase you have the chance to respond with a fleet.
Etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Sullivan
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
ok so i have been doing it right. Cool, thanks.
That and the Hegemony question i posted was really the only issues i was having.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.