Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russell Lee
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm talking about a normal project with four levels.

When you upgrade to the fourth level, do you:
- set the card aside immediately?
- set the card aside at the end of the round?

This would make a difference in picking up more cards in the same round.

If the answer is in the rules, could someone point me to the page?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Abela
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
You set it aside when it's done.

Quote:
When a player completes the 4th level of a card (L4) he has fully completed the project. He gains the rewards of that level and then sets aside the card - it no longer takes a slot in front of him

It's on page 12.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kos blaat
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
AdrianAbela wrote:
You set it aside when it's done.

Quote:
When a player completes the 4th level of a card (L4) he has fully completed the project. He gains the rewards of that level and then sets aside the card - it no longer takes a slot in front of him

It's on page 12.

What's completing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian K
Germany
Mülheim an der Ruhr
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You complete the project, when you reach the 4th Level. You pay the resources and gain the reward, as written on the project-card, and after that you can turn the card over and the "Slot" is free for a new project (partner, job or project)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kos blaat
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
I can understand the confusion, arising for the mixing of terms 'advance' and 'complete', where complete is not defined.

my guess is that
to "complete a level (of a basic project)" == pay cost + get reward. To advance is to move the marker, which you can only do after you paid the cost, which gives you the reward, making the advance complete.

2016 rules, p.12:
"when a player completes the 4th level [..] He gains the reward of that level and then sets aside the card".

Implying he gets the reward twice.

these rules are such a mess...

Was it really so hard to include an index of terms and definitions on page 1? Also, Card Actions does not belong to a separate chapter. I'm constantly paging back and forth. Was that also in the first edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian K
Germany
Mülheim an der Ruhr
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kosterix wrote:

2016 rules, p.12:
"when a player completes the 4th level [..] He gains the reward of that level and then sets aside the card".

Implying he gets the reward twice.

these rules are such a mess...

How do you read from this that you get the reward twice?

I can't see the mess here. The rules are not perfect but our group was perfectly able to play the game after the first read. I have no game in mind that has perfect rules...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kos blaat
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
how is this not clear?
he gets the reward once for reaching the bottom level of the card, and because that triggers that he has performed a completion, from page 12, het gets the reward a second time.

Of course nobody would play it like that, but the text suggests the above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.