Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Neale
United Kingdom
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
In my solo games I am finding that I hardly ever build a city. I concentrate on just getting the oxygen, temperature and oceans sorted and i do not build any cities.
Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerritjan Roubos
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You build cities for points. The goal is to win, but also to get more points than the last time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the city-building happens nearer to the end after the planet has been sorted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Fearnley
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Unless I'm doing extremely well, most of my solo games end up with me placing 2-4 cities. Usually from cards and once in a while a standard project in the 13th/14th generation. Mostly they are a luxury once you have an engine sorted out, but unless you are pumping out greeneries, they are not efficient VP getters. I tend to aim for 4-6 MC per VP, so a standard project city would need to have 4-5 greeneries around it for me to feel good about placing it (unless there were placement bonuses that offset the 25 MC).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Arlington
United States
Memphis
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, unless I'm playing Tharsis Republic where it makes financial sense to build cities as well as scoring points, I don't really look to build them in solo play until I'm sure I'm going to be able to get my terraforming done first.

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Neale
United Kingdom
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies which confirm my thoughts.
I am really enjoying this game as a solo experience mainly because with the variety of corporations and cards every game is completely different and you have to find different ways to succeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.