Tuscany Essential Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Card count and fitting it all in one box? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I have Viticulture Essential Edition, and Tuscany Essential Edition on order.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if you can fit both the game and expansion into one or other of the boxes? Right now, I have all of the large cards in a deck box, kept outside of the game box, because I couldn't find any way to fit them back into the box with all the components, aside from loosely tossing them on top of the board, which I didn't want to do. If I have to make a foamcore insert, or buy a wooden one, that's OK. I've just got really limited space, and the fat boxes take up a lot of room.

Also, I am wondering about the card count and sizes, for sleeving. Are there any large cards, or are they all small ones? And how many of each are included in Tuscany EE?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Dana: If you remove the plastic insert from the Viticulture box, there's plenty of room. Otherwise it's a tight fit, but possible. It requires the bigger cards to either lay on top of the board or flush with the two bigger compartments in the insert.

Viticulture's cards and sizes are listed here: http://stonemaiergames.com/games/viticulture/essential-editi...

Tuscany EE's cards and sizes are listed here: http://stonemaiergames.com/games/tuscany/tuscany-essential-e...

Moor Visitors cards and sizes are listed here: http://stonemaiergames.com/moor-visitors-expansion/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Jamey! I'm still not clear, though. Is it 11 cards and 2 meeples per player, so 66 cards and 12 meeples? Or just 11 cards total, and 12 meeples? Plus the 9 promo cards.

And guessing based on the measurements, these are the same sizes as the big cards from V:EE, like the Automa deck, etc. And there are no additional small cards from what I can see listed, in T:EE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's 11 cards and 12 meeples, and they're the same size as the Automa cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Byron is correct. If you pre-ordered Tuscany during the campaign, the retailer you bought it from should also have sent you 9 promo cards of the same size (so, 20 total special worker cards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks! Looking forward to it - V:EE is one of my favorite games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Enright
msg tools
Hi Jamie, Will the 9 promo card be included in the box or are they a seperate pack?
Just want to know for when I pick it up.
Thanks
John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
John: They're a separate pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Enright
msg tools
Great thanks for the quick response. If only all game companies were run like Stonemaier!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a customer report:
- Note: I throw out inserts and bag and band components. The Viticulture EE box fits everything from the base game and T:EE with tons of room to spare: both game boards, 6 sets of components, glass beads, several packs of cards, player boards plus structure expansions, rulebooks. No issues whatsoever.

- The extra worker cards were in a separate pack (not in the game box), but they're indistinguishable in size and back art from the ones in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment.
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I already own Tuscany, can I buy the 9 new special worker promo cards somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my copy yesterday and everything fits in the box, with the insert, except for the premium-sleeved large cards which I will continue to keep outside of the box in an Ultra Pro deck box. The Tuscany box is a lot smaller than I thought it would be, though. I probably could have found room for it on the shelf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.