DungeonQuest Revised Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Card draws secret? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark J.
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
When a player draws a card do they read it aloud or is it kept secret from the other players unless it requires action on their part?

Is the amount of loot a player has kept secret or can other players examine your loot stack? The rules just say loot cards are placed face up. Does that mean they need to be spread out for all to see or can they be stacked?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
With the exception of your Rune card, no drawn cards are secret. Other players can see how much treasure you have and use that info to decide if they need to further risk the Dragon's Rage to have a chance.

It is recommended to play with the "No Guts, No Glory" variant, as otherwise the game will almost always be won by the first person to trip over 100 gold and then leg it back out the entrance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J.
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Where can I find the 'No Guts, No Glory" variant and some of the others mentioned in forums? I did some searches and checked the files section but no luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TTM07 wrote:
Where can I find the 'No Guts, No Glory" variant and some of the others mentioned in forums? I did some searches and checked the files section but no luck.

See page 25 of the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J.
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Ah no wonder, you guys are talking about 3rd edition. I've got Revised. Now I've downloaded a 3rd edition rulebook and see what you mean. None of those variants on page 25 were carried over into the new rulebooks. I don't see why as they look good. Will try them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Zboril
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmb
IncrediSteve wrote:
With the exception of your Rune card, no drawn cards are secret.

- I do not agree:

Draw Rune Cards: Starting with the first player and proceeding
clockwise, each player draws one rune card and places it faceup
next to his hero sheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.