Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nisses Clan Skryre
Belgium
Gent
flag msg tools
mbmb
Question:

If you manage to push a minion out of the lane, does he still count for the minion combat at the end of the turn?

If a minion is pushed out of the lane, can you still sacrifice it for that lane if needed?

If it is the fat minion that got pushed out of the lane, can you then sacrifice the fat minion at the end of the turn, since he is the only one in that lane?

Can you block spawn spots with your hero when a lane is pushed? Or do the minions spawn on a space adjacent to that spawn spot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
Nisses wrote:
Question:
If you manage to push a minion out of the lane, does he still count for the minion combat at the end of the turn?

Minions belong to the lane they were spawned in.
It doesn't change if they are moved.
So the answer is yes. The only way to prevent minion from counting in the minion combat is to remove/defeat it.

Nisses wrote:

If a minion is pushed out of the lane, can you still sacrifice it for that lane if needed?

Yes. For the same reason.

Nisses wrote:

If it is the fat minion that got pushed out of the lane, can you then sacrifice the fat minion at the end of the turn, since he is the only one in that lane?

First - he couldn't have been pushed out unless he was already the only one remaining.
And yes, if it's the only minion remaining from that lane, it loses the immunity.

Nisses wrote:

Can you block spawn spots with your hero when a lane is pushed? Or do the minions spawn on a space adjacent to that spawn spot?

This is a valid tactic to affect the way the minions spawn.
See page 7 point 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nisses Clan Skryre
Belgium
Gent
flag msg tools
mbmb
Most questions were building on that first one I suppose...
So bumping them out doesn't change anything.

That explains why the gorilla was owning me so hard this afternoon

And the fat minion: I somehow read over the fact that it can't even be *moved* unless it's the last one.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
Nisses wrote:
Most questions were building on that first one I suppose...
So bumping them out doesn't change anything.

That explains why the gorilla was owning me so hard this afternoon :)

And the fat minion: I somehow read over the fact that it can't even be *moved* unless it's the last one.

Thanks!

You're welcome. And if something else isn't clear - don't hesitate to ask :)

Enjoying the game so far?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nisses Clan Skryre
Belgium
Gent
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quite!

I only have 2 negative comments to make, which is that the heroes could have been armourwashed, or given a different kind of little foot or something to make them stand out more on the field.
And the spaces on the map are just a smidge too cramped: putting the big gorilla & a fat minion adjacent, is very precise work
But those kind of situations aren't very common anyway, so...

It's a (to me) perfect balance between emulating a moba and abstracting what would become fiddly/drugdery (the minions combat). I find that a highly desireable trait in games like this.

I like how you are the cause of escalating conflict instead of doing it all yourself, but that's due more to the moba itself, which this game very nicely replicates.

Haven't been able to test all the characters yet, but I'm sad I didn't pick up the extra ones (the commander especially, I wonder how she plays).

Thanks for your creation & effort in getting it into my grubby hands! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
Nisses wrote:

Thanks for your creation & effort in getting it into my grubby hands! :laugh:

Haha :) You're welcome.

As for the spaces on the board - yep, that's true, positioning larger models may be tricky at times. We were limited by the size of the box so making hexes larger wasn't possible, unfortunately, as they wouldn't fit on the board. Perhaps we'll make the models themselves a bit smaller next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
Canada
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nichik wrote:
Nisses wrote:
Question:

Minions belong to the lane they were spawned in.
It doesn't change if they are moved.
So the answer is yes. The only way to prevent minion from counting in the minion combat is to remove/defeat it.

I assume the same is true for pushing a lane--you'd need to hunt down and kill any minions anywhere in the lane to push it.
The witch can use her ability to revive minions on any open appropriate spawn point(s), not just the ones in the active zone, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
Gyges wrote:

I assume the same is true for pushing a lane--you'd need to hunt down and kill any minions anywhere in the lane to push it.
The witch can use her ability to revive minions on any open appropriate spawn point(s), not just the ones in the active zone, correct?

Assuming there's a minion to revive. I.e. you can't revive a ranged minion if that lane has one already.

As for hunting down.. I'd say it would be easier to let the stray minion die during minion combat and then use the basic attack to finish-off the heavy.
That way you won't need to go anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will N
msg tools
I went through the cards and put together a number of questions for clarification:

Miss Sniper
Steam Shroud: Enemy heroes within your current zone may not move in a straight line

Does this mean heroes cannot move one space? Or is Charged Boomerang the only card that considers adjacency as a straight line?

If one space is considered a straight line in all instances, then if coupled with Arien’s Deluge does that effectively cancel all enemy movement within radius?

Steam Cloud: Enemy heroes within your current zone may not move or use ranged skills and attacks in a straight line

Does this mean heroes that perform skills or range attacks that require a straight line cannot be done at all?

Does it affect melee attacks that have a movement component to them? For example does it cancel Barbarian’s Mad Dash since there is a mandatory straight line movement even though it is a melee attack? What about Tigerclaw’s Hit and Run and Arien’s Gush of Water?

Does it impact the movement of Tigerclaw’s Evade?

Does this impact skills that effect an area (e.g. Dodger’s Blazing Skull)

Min
Flurry of Blows: Your red and yellow cards target every adjacent enemy

When coupled with the Orb of Power (+1 radius) does this stack with his ultimate? (i.e. does the ultimate convert melee into an area effect in which it's radius is increased?)

Ignata
Earth Walking: If adjacent to an impassable space, fast travel to another space adjacent to an impassable space, ignoring enemies.

If Ignata is adjacent to one of the impassable spaces in the centre of the board, can she fast travel to a space adjacent to the impassable spaces around the edge of the board?

Wasp
Electroblast: Target hero and all heroes adjacent to the target, discard the cards they played this turn without resolving them

Does this affect friendly heroes adjacent to the target?

Arien
Violent Torrent: Space directly behind the target is hit as well (will affect friendlies).

Can friendlies play a defence card to avoid being KO’d?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
williepoo21 wrote:

Miss Sniper
Steam Shroud: Enemy heroes within your current zone may not move in a straight line

You can't move one space in the zone affected with steam shroud as 1 space is a straight line. (Page 6, Point 3, 1st paragraph).

williepoo21 wrote:

If one space is considered a straight line in all instances, then if coupled with Arien’s Deluge does that effectively cancel all enemy movement within radius?

Yes.

williepoo21 wrote:

Steam Cloud: Enemy heroes within your current zone may not move or use ranged skills and attacks in a straight line

Does this mean heroes that perform skills or range attacks that require a straight line cannot be done at all?

Yes. However, note that positioning is checked at the time you resolve the action. Meaning that, for example, Barbarian can charge into the zone affected by Steam Shroud if he starts his turn outside it.

williepoo21 wrote:

Does it affect melee attacks that have a movement component to them? For example does it cancel Barbarian’s Mad Dash since there is a mandatory straight line movement even though it is a melee attack? What about Tigerclaw’s Hit and Run and Arien’s Gush of Water?

If the action requires your hero to do something which is not possible - you can't resolve the action in the first place. However, if it does something with the enemy, which you can't resolve completely, then you can still resolve the action. (page 5, point 1, second paragraph)

So, barbarian can't use mad dash if he starts his turn in the affected zone and the same goes for Tigerclaw as that move affects the hero himself.

However, Arien's Gush of Water will work normally since it's the enemy who is being moved, not your hero .

williepoo21 wrote:

Does it impact the movement of Tigerclaw’s Evade?

Yes. Same reason as above.

williepoo21 wrote:

Does this impact skills that effect an area (e.g. Dodger’s Blazing Skull)

No. Melee and Radius-based skills and attacks are ignoring the straight line/non-straight line restrictions. (Page 6, Point 3, 2nd paragraph).

williepoo21 wrote:

Min
Flurry of Blows: Your red and yellow cards target every adjacent enemy

When coupled with the Orb of Power (+1 radius) does this stack with his ultimate? (i.e. does the ultimate convert melee into an area effect in which it's radius is increased?)

Follow the exact wording whenever possible.
His attacks still count as melee and are not affected by Radius.

williepoo21 wrote:

Ignata
Earth Walking: If adjacent to an impassable space, fast travel to another space adjacent to an impassable space, ignoring enemies.

If Ignata is adjacent to one of the impassable spaces in the centre of the board, can she fast travel to a space adjacent to the impassable spaces around the edge of the board?

Sure, why not. As long as the space she is fast traveling to is in the same or adjacent zone.

williepoo21 wrote:

Wasp
Electroblast: Target hero and all heroes adjacent to the target, discard the cards they played this turn without resolving them

Does this affect friendly heroes adjacent to the target?

Yes. Of course.
(Otherwise the wording would've been "Target hero and all enemy heroes...").

williepoo21 wrote:

Arien
Violent Torrent: Space directly behind the target is hit as well (will affect friendlies).

Can friendlies play a defence card to avoid being KO’d?

Of course. When you are attacked you can always defend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.