Karen Knoblaugh
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing 1st mission.
I know the bomb takes damage if it is pushed over a minion, but if I am towing the bomb behind my mech, when the minions move or spawn adjacent to the bomb, does it take any damage then?
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karenv731 wrote:
I'm playing 1st mission.
I know the bomb takes damage if it is pushed over a minion, but if I am towing the bomb behind my mech, when the minions move or spawn adjacent to the bomb, does it take any damage then?
Thanks.

During Minion damage phase they do. They do damage to any Mechs first, and then if any are adjacent to the bomb they will damage it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See the "Minions Attack" section of Dossier 1:

Minions can and will attack both Mechs and the Bomb.
Minions must be adjacent to the Bomb and damage decreases the Bombs health by 1. (Use the Doom Tracker!)
Process Minion Damage in player order starting with the First Player, and only then proceed to damaging the Bomb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen Knoblaugh
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
See the "Minions Attack" section of Dossier 1:

Minions can and will attack both Mechs and the Bomb.
Minions must be adjacent to the Bomb and damage decreases the Bombs health by 1. (Use the Doom Tracker!)
Process Minion Damage in player order starting with the First Player, and only then proceed to damaging the Bomb.
Man, when you think you've looked everywhere, it's in the most obvious place. Thanks all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Taube
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Do they damage both the mech and the bomb if they are adjacent to both or do they prioritize the mech and then not damage the bomb?

Also if the damage dealt to a mech makes the mech move to a spot where a minion that previously couldn't damage that same mech is now adjacent, does that newly adjacent minion now damage that mech? Can this continue to snowball into lots of damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A minion can attack any number of targets that it's adjacent to. If it's adjacent to 3 mechs and the bomb it could damage all 4.

When it's a mech's turn to take damage, you compute how much damage it receives and then apply that amount of damage regardless of any moves (which could, otherwise, increase or decrease that damage).

The moves could affect the damage that other mechs take, though. You resolve the mechs (and the bomb) one at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Taube
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So if you are surrounded and the first damage card you decide to negate with fuel tank do you still draw three more cards even though those minions were exploded with the fuel tank? Or do you do the fuel tank while "considering" the total amount of damage you take(before you start drawing cards)?

Also thanks for the quick reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No, Fuel Tank blocks all remaining damage you would take that round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Taube
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sweet. Glad my son and I played mission mostly right. Just felt iffy on the movement but I got it squared. Awesome game! Son age 6 loves it so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's awesome, Josh. Playing boardgames with my Dad as a kid are some of the fondest memories of my childhood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:

Wow, are you sure? That's really not clear from the card. If anything, the rulebook suggests the opposite:

If—and only if—you are about to take damage (from a Minion during Minion Phase, or the Boss during Danger Phase, or even from hazards like Lava Pools or Spike Walls), you may choose to immediately detonate your Fuel Tank.

The damage that would have been caused is ignored!

This sure sounds like it just applies to the damage from that particular source (e.g., one Minion), not all of the damage for the round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it kills all minions around you, so there would be none left to do more damage...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
Well, it kills all minions around you, so there would be none left to do more damage...

Right, but normally killing the minions around you doesn't prevent their damage. If you are adjacent to two minions, and as a result of resolving the first damage card the second minion is killed (or you are no longer adjacent to it), you still take the second damage. It's weird for the Fuel Tank to work differently.

Also, if you take Chris' answer at face value, then exploding the Fuel Tank during the Minion Phase would prevent the Lava Wall from damaging you during the Danger Phase. Which seems bizarre and definitely not implied by the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Riot Kades wrote:

Wow, are you sure? That's really not clear from the card. If anything, the rulebook suggests the opposite:

If—and only if—you are about to take damage (from a Minion during Minion Phase, or the Boss during Danger Phase, or even from hazards like Lava Pools or Spike Walls), you may choose to immediately detonate your Fuel Tank.

The damage that would have been caused is ignored!

This sure sounds like it just applies to the damage from that particular source (e.g., one Minion), not all of the damage for the round.

You're absolutely right. In that situation, it doesn't prevent damage from lava or spike walls - sorry for the confusion there. But it would prevent future damage from other minions. You decide to execute fuel tank and Skewer before you draw damage from minions. Even level 1 fuel tank kills all threats, so you won't take further minion damage that turn.

Thanks for helping me clarify, David.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In that case, it would be a lot clearer if it said "from Minions" rather than "from a Minion".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.