GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,666 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Tiny Epic Quest» Forums » General

Subject: "Fiddly"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S. Gaetz
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Poll: Tiny Epic Quest is implying small, so is changing equipment going to be "fiddly" and an act of dexterous manipulation?
Disclaimer: This is a non-scientific poll designed with little thought and in the time it takes to drink about half a coffee (grande sized latte).
Do you know/think TEQ is going to be a "fiddly" game because of changing equipment on the ITEMeeples™?
No I don't think it's going to be "fiddly", but I'm guessing.
Nope not "fiddly"! Play throughs/videos make it all good.
Yes I think it will be "fiddly", but I'm guessing.
Yes it's "fiddly"!
I don't care I like "fiddling" with things...
This poll sucks, I've got to get back to my coffee!
      230 answers
Poll created by Shady Bits

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I've seen in the videos, I don't think you'll be "changing" equipment that often. You may end up equipping each of your meeples with the sword or staff or shield, but then I don't expect that players will want or need to remove those items through the course of a game. Other items will be found within a shared pool of quests, so it's not like one player will be finding all the items over the 5 rounds. Plus, I'm under the impression that the quest items can be held with the sword/staff/shield, so you probably won't be removing the quest items once their equipped either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusty Craine
United States
Linden
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with Marty here. When you consider that the game only runs for 5 rounds, I really don't think you're going to be getting much equipment in a single game. When I watched the playthroughs, it really seems to depend on the dice rolls whether or not you were clearing a temple to earn a piece of equipment, AND you had to perform a certain action just to earn that quest in the first place.

If you were swapping out the equipment frequently, absolutely fiddly would be a fair label to assign, but just based on the videos I've watched, I could see a situation where you only have a single item.

I could be wrong, but I do think that equipping the ITEMeeple isn't going to be very frequent.

How do you feel about it, OP? If you only ended up equipping a single item or two over the course of a game, would that still meet the fiddly criteria?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selwyn Hope
Australia
Cannington
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rahdo managed to equip/remove an item one-handed in the video, so it doesn't look that bad.

Also you aren't going to be getting all the items and swapping them all over the place in the limited number of turns in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Shulman
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
So as the game's graphic designer, I had the honor of playing the prototype game at GenCon. They are not really that "fiddly."

The items are very secure when they are equipped (sometimes even a little hard take out), but they are only equipped ONCE in a game. You don't ever take them out or switch them between your heroes. This means that the hero meeple that you equip the item to gets that ability. That's really it, not that tricky Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skire Kreshnar
msg tools
shulman24 wrote:
So as the game's graphic designer, I had the honor of playing the prototype game at GenCon. They are not really that "fiddly."

The items are very secure when they are equipped (sometimes even a little hard take out), but they are only equipped ONCE in a game. You don't ever take them out or switch them between your heroes. This means that the hero meeple that you equip the item to gets that ability. That's really it, not that tricky Hope this helps.

But have the prototypes been poduced in the exact same way the later ones will be?
In my (albeit limited) experience the prototypes and the mass produced product can end up being quite different in quality, not always for the better.
That's my only concern.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.